NDBE for foreign students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miss0me

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey I wanted to know about the procedure for applying for NDBE . I am a PAkistan dental graduate . Foreign students can apply for NDBE or cant they ???

Members don't see this ad.

hey I wanted to know about the procedure for applying for NDBE . I am a PAkistan dental graduate . Foreign students can apply for NDBE or cant they ???

yes anybdy with a dental degree can apply for taking nbde...it is one of ther requirements to get admission in advanced placement DDS programs offered by universitities. for more info check out this link:

http://www.ada.org/110.aspx

I am unable to understand the procedure of certifying dentists from a non-accredited college or university.

My queries are:

1. If a student is able to pass assessment of clinical skills/judgement , is he/she compulsorily have to join a qualifying/degree completion program or they can directly apply for written & OSCE EXAM

2. Qualifiers of assessment of clinical skills/judgement, are these qualifiers treated as graduates of accredited dental program. There is a column in the application form for NDEB Certification which asks the college of graduation, these colleges are from Australia, Canada and USA so how is it possible for a grad of unaccredited dental college (WHO HAVE QUALIFIED IN CLINICAL SKILLS AND JUDGEMENT) to enter any college. Please clarify !

3. What is a qualifying / degree completion program ? is it necessary to have one in order to appear in written and osce

4. Does qualifying program or degree completion program awards the degree of DDS ? WHAT IS THE DURATION AND APPROXIMATE FEES?

Best Regards,

Dr Prakarsh Dwivedi

Members don't see this ad :)
hi .....where do u live ? i m planning to take in may ,.....when r u taking it ?

hello folks here,
i have completed BDS and MDS in prostho from india and fellowship in oral implants from Noble Biocare and have 2 national and one international paper publications. at present i am resident of Indiana, US and green card holder. in BDS program i was just a average students and had couple of back papersa and by final of bds i picked up and passed all my nine final bds papers in one shot and den i did PG in prosho. completed in one shot with good marks and have good knowledge of the subjecta and good clinical expereince. i want to ask you folks with my performance in BDS, i guees my GPA will be bad. so should i really try for DDS and appear for NBDE or should i do some alternative job. please suggest...

a good gpa is very important especially now since the nbde has no score but having said that the mds and paper presentations etc might just compensate for the low gpa ..and u will get a good gpa for the mds part too...so no harm in trying all the best

Hi

I live in Richmond...just started withe preps and plan to take the exam by the end of the year...

hi .....where do u live ? i m planning to take in may ,.....when r u taking it ?
HI

I live in Richmond...just started withe preps and plan to take the exam by the end of the year... what about you?? may is just here...you must be all set with your preperations... good luck

Hi

Do I need to obtain DENTPIN before taking NBDE part 1 or is it only for people taking DAT. Please guide.

hi..will nbde exams will b combined for 2017 admissions?part one and part two will b separate or combined?

hello folks here,
i have completed BDS and MDS in prostho from india and fellowship in oral implants from Noble Biocare and have 2 national and one international paper publications. at present i am resident of Indiana, US and green card holder. in BDS program i was just a average students and had couple of back papersa and by final of bds i picked up and passed all my nine final bds papers in one shot and den i did PG in prosho. completed in one shot with good marks and have good knowledge of the subjecta and good clinical expereince. i want to ask you folks with my performance in BDS, i guees my GPA will be bad. so should i really try for DDS and appear for NBDE or should i do some alternative job. please suggest...
please do dds..

Hi I am a dentist from India with an MDS degree in Endodontics. My scores however haven't been great in either BDS or MDS. I scored an aggregate of 55.75 in BDS and 60 in MDS (minimum pass marks being 50 in both). I have one year experience as a consultant endodontist since my PG got over and have been a senior lecturer since March 2015. I also have done a 2 week certificate course in current concepts in american dentistry from NYU, New York. I am not sure about the GPA scenario and I have a feeling based on my marks my GPA won't be good. I am planning on taking NBDE part I in 3 months but is it really worth it or is my GPA going to ruin my chances of getting accepted into any dental school there? I took TOEFL in March 2014 and score 102 in it.

Please let me know your views on this. I would appreciate any and every advice I get from you guys. Thanks a lot!

hi everyone! Currently i'm located in Russia and my question is... Can i pass NBDE I over in Russia or i have to be in USA? If yes where i can find the testing centers over in Russia?