You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted493829
I will start with the drug dosages. Correct me if i write anything wrong.
Penicillin 300-600 mg qid
Amoxicillin 250-500 mg tid
Tetracycline 250-500 mg tid
Metronidazole 250-500 mg tid
Cephalexin 250-500mg qid
Clarithromycin 300-600 mg tid
Doxycycline. 100-200 mg bd
Erythromycin 250-500 mg qid
Qid -4 times a day
Tid - 3 times a day
Bd- 2 times a day.
Penicillin 300-600 mg qid
Amoxicillin 250-500 mg tid
Tetracycline 250-500 mg tid
Metronidazole 250-500 mg tid
Cephalexin 250-500mg qid
Clarithromycin 300-600 mg tid
Doxycycline. 100-200 mg bd
Erythromycin 250-500 mg qid
Qid -4 times a day
Tid - 3 times a day
Bd- 2 times a day.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would like to appreciate this member who has taken an effort to put down all drugs with dosages and simplified the task for many members. Hope you pass you exam and keep up this knowledge sharing stamina. Hats off to you! I have checked these and you are all correct.👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
I will start with the drug dosages. Correct me if i write anything wrong.
Penicillin 300-600 mg qid
Amoxicillin 250-500 mg tid
Tetracycline 250-500 mg tid
Metronidazole 250-500 mg tid
Cephalexin 250-500mg qid
Clarithromycin 300-600 mg tid
Doxycycline. 100-200 mg bd
Erythromycin 250-500 mg qid
Qid -4 times a day
Tid - 3 times a day
Bd- 2 times a day.
D
deleted493829
thanks for keeping this thread alive, lets post anything relevant to the exam over here.
lets start we will discuss the contraindications for specific drugs.
Contraindication/Interactions:
1- Tetracycline /doxycycline not to be given to children .
2- Only Penicillin can be given to kidney patients the rest of the anti biotics are conraindicated.
3- Pregnancy best antibiotic is Penicillin V
4- Aspirin /Ibuprofen or NSAIDS not ot be given in asthmatics,polyps ,allergies
5- NSAIDS can interact with BP medications so can aspirin.
6-If allergic to codeine then meperidine can be given
7-Blood disorders Aspirin and ibuprofen not given.only acetaminophen.
lets start we will discuss the contraindications for specific drugs.
Contraindication/Interactions:
1- Tetracycline /doxycycline not to be given to children .
2- Only Penicillin can be given to kidney patients the rest of the anti biotics are conraindicated.
3- Pregnancy best antibiotic is Penicillin V
4- Aspirin /Ibuprofen or NSAIDS not ot be given in asthmatics,polyps ,allergies
5- NSAIDS can interact with BP medications so can aspirin.
6-If allergic to codeine then meperidine can be given
7-Blood disorders Aspirin and ibuprofen not given.only acetaminophen.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have all the released questions answered by university professors in Canada. I'd be happy to help anyone who needs them. Send me an email [email protected] if you would like them.
Don't stress over the minor details of the questions. Many of the small details you see in the released questions are formatted and appear alot more clear on the exam. Just try and catch the broad concepts!
I'd be happy to help anyone who does not have the released questions. Send me an email [email protected] and i'll forward them over. Thanks for your time.
I'd be happy to help anyone who does not have the released questions. Send me an email [email protected] and i'll forward them over. Thanks for your time.
I am thinking of taking the clinical judgment and clinical skills course at the University of Toronto. Does anybody have experience with the courses? Are they worth the money?
I need to buy instruments ASAP for clinical skills course starting in two weeks.HELP!!!!
Don't stress over the minor details of the questions. Many of the small details you see in the released questions are formatted and appear alot more clear on the exam. Just try and catch the broad concepts!
I'd be happy to help anyone who does not have the released questions. Send me an email [email protected] and i'll forward them over. Thanks for your time.
hi,,i would like to have those answered questions please..this is my email: [email protected]
thanks
1. Bactericidal antibiotics NOT use with bacteriostatic antibiotics
2. Tetracyclines not to be use together with food/drug products with divalent or trivalent cations.
3.Metronidazole cannot be use with alcohol drinking.
4.Metronidazole cannot be use in patient taking lithium (for manic depression).
5. Possible lithium toxicity exists when taken with tetracyclines.
6.Erythromycin, tetracyclines, clarithromycins not to be use for patients taking digoxins (anti arrythmia)
7. Tetracyclines or broad spectrums antibiotics can enhance anticougalants( warfarin, dicoumarol, anisitidine). - destroys gut flora that are involve in Vit K production.
8.erythormycin, clarithromycin, metronidazole enhances anticoagulant effects of warfarin, dicoumarol, and anisitidine. - blockades of the cytochrome p-450 system.
9. erythromycin, ketoconazoles, clarithromycin cause fatal heart failure when use with non-sedating anithistamine (terfenadine or astemizole) - inhibition of Cytochrome-P450 isoenzymes.
10.Antibiotics can decrease the contraceptive effect of oral estrogens.
2. Tetracyclines not to be use together with food/drug products with divalent or trivalent cations.
3.Metronidazole cannot be use with alcohol drinking.
4.Metronidazole cannot be use in patient taking lithium (for manic depression).
5. Possible lithium toxicity exists when taken with tetracyclines.
6.Erythromycin, tetracyclines, clarithromycins not to be use for patients taking digoxins (anti arrythmia)
7. Tetracyclines or broad spectrums antibiotics can enhance anticougalants( warfarin, dicoumarol, anisitidine). - destroys gut flora that are involve in Vit K production.
8.erythormycin, clarithromycin, metronidazole enhances anticoagulant effects of warfarin, dicoumarol, and anisitidine. - blockades of the cytochrome p-450 system.
9. erythromycin, ketoconazoles, clarithromycin cause fatal heart failure when use with non-sedating anithistamine (terfenadine or astemizole) - inhibition of Cytochrome-P450 isoenzymes.
10.Antibiotics can decrease the contraceptive effect of oral estrogens.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am studying for the clinical judgement NDEB 2013 whoever wants to join in pls do so.
Hi all,
I will take clinical judgement exam by NDEB,Canada in 2013.Lets start active discussion.
Regards,
Kumar
that is good.we will start from somewhere.Thanks for initiativesI like this group an from tomorrow i will start posting questions and answers
😀
I do not even know why we are studying so hard for the AFK exam. There are like 900 people now passing the boards per year. This is due to NDEB recognizing so many foreign schools such as Australia, New Zealand and Ireland. I have met some dentists from Australia here in Edmonton and they told me that there is massive unemployment in Australia for dentists so they are now flooding Canada. The Australia dentists seem very rude as well. Maybe we should just study hard for the US exams instead.
hey frnds, i'm sellimg out all my exam stuffs.. ACJ books , compressor , unit, mounting pole, handpiece high and slow, RD kit , loupes and other materials.. i live in scarborogh (toronto) if anyone is interested pls inbox me... gud luck to all 🙂)
hey frnds, i'm sellimg out all my exam stuffs.. ACJ books , compressor , unit, mounting pole, handpiece high and slow, RD kit , loupes and other materials.. i live in scarborogh (toronto) if anyone is interested pls inbox me... gud luck to all 🙂)
i want to buy all the stuff
my email id [email protected]
hey frnds, i'm sellimg out all my exam stuffs.. ACJ books , compressor , unit, mounting pole, handpiece high and slow, RD kit , loupes and other materials.. i live in scarborogh (toronto) if anyone is interested pls inbox me... gud luck to all 🙂)
I am living in toronto, and interested in your dental stuff, contact me please. [email protected]
Could you please send me those qusestions with the answers?
This is my eamil address: [email protected]
Thanks so much
This is my eamil address: [email protected]
Thanks so much
Hi ddssmile,
Am interested in buying the compressor, unit mounting and rd kit . my email - [email protected]. pls email me with the price quotes .
cheers
Am interested in buying the compressor, unit mounting and rd kit . my email - [email protected]. pls email me with the price quotes .
cheers
hey frnds, i'm sellimg out all my exam stuffs.. ACJ books , compressor , unit, mounting pole, handpiece high and slow, RD kit , loupes and other materials.. i live in scarborogh (toronto) if anyone is interested pls inbox me... gud luck to all 🙂)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I came across conflicting reviews about Scammon's growth curve. Don't know what the right answer.
Mandibular growth follows: genital tissues or general body growth?
Decks indicate that mandibular growth follows genital tissues where as mosby says general body growth.
Anybody has a clear understanding of this subject, please help!
Mandibular growth follows: genital tissues or general body growth?
Decks indicate that mandibular growth follows genital tissues where as mosby says general body growth.
Anybody has a clear understanding of this subject, please help!
Hey Guys! I attend this school TCCDS and they are offering some great courses. I'm right now attending the AFK Marathon course and then going to write the final exam in 2014 Feb. They have a Mock Exam to write also at the school that I am thinking of enrolling into since there is not many seats left. I found out that after I'm done my AFK and Pass it with flying colors I hope then enroll myself into there ACJ Course. It's 5 days and includes a Mock Exam too!
Attachments
Hi. I scored 79% in clinical judgement exam in 2013. I have the entire study material required to clear the exam. the ndeb answers are solved according to the protocol on ndeb website. I have soft copies of books needed for CJ too.
Please contact me at [email protected] if interested.
Please contact me at [email protected] if interested.
hey...was wondering if you got a list of those reference books....id be ever so grateful if you could help out...can anyone help out with the reference books for Clinical Judgment exams. What are the books to study for sure.
Regards
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 6K