NDEB FEB 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EnnDentist

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've created this thread for whoever is planning to take the test in Feb, 2018.
We can all help each other here.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Guys,

Thank you.

Hi there..
I'm planning to take AFK in 2018.. have you registered for the test yet?

Hi i am having problem getting my documents to be sent from university to NDEB, instead they mailed me the sealed envelope with transcripts, can i mail that envelope to ndeb directly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi i am having problem getting my documents to be sent from university to NDEB, instead they mailed me the sealed envelope with transcripts, can i mail that envelope to ndeb directly?

Yes. You can send it to NDEB. Make sure there is a seal on the envelope flap.

If i send my documents to ndeb in July, will I still be able to register for the feb afk 2018?

Hi there..
I'm planning to take AFK in 2018.. have you registered for the test yet?
Hi, sorry for a delayed response.
I'm eligible to register for Feb but the registrations haven't opened yet. I think it will open around Aug-Sept 2017.

If i send my documents to ndeb in July, will I still be able to register for the feb afk 2018?
Hi,
I am sorry but I don't want to give you any false hope. It will be a little tough for you unless everything goes smoothly and they don't request any additional docs or some other reasons.
Let me tell you my story:
I actually wanted to take the test in August and sent all my docs on 16th Feb, 2017 and then on 2nd June, 2017, NDEB requested for a document with lawyer's stamp (I already stamped all the docs but IDK why they asked for it again). I submitted that around 7-8th June and around 12th June, it got accepted and I became eligible to register but the deadline was 21st May to register.
For you to register, you need to get everything approved before end of Nov/Dec, and their processing time is 12 weeks.
I don't want you to lose hope though, Just remember, "Everything happens for a reason"
Good luck.

Hi,
I'm not an expert but I believe they need the documents directly from University.
For my equivalency process at WES, the university sent me all the docs and I went to WES's office to submit but they didnot take the docs in. So, I did the whole process again.
I didnot wanted to take any chanes with NDEB so I sent the docs directly from my uni.
Tip: If you are in Canada/US or can't go to your uni then you can send anyone else (your brother/father) on your behalf to get the docs and they can send the docs directly to NDEB with priority mail from the same city. That's what I did.
Good luck :)

Hi,
I'm not an expert but I believe they need the documents directly from University.
For my equivalency process at WES, the university sent me all the docs and I went to WES's office to submit but they didnot take the docs in. So, I did the whole process again.
I didnot wanted to take any chanes with NDEB so I sent the docs directly from my uni.
Tip: If you are in Canada/US or can't go to your uni then you can send anyone else (your brother/father) on your behalf to get the docs and they can send the docs directly to NDEB with priority mail from the same city. That's what I did.
Good luck :)

In my case, the university gave me a sealed envelope of my transcripts. I mailed the transcripts to NDEB from my University's address and it was accepted.

Hi, sorry for a delayed response.
I'm eligible to register for Feb but the registrations haven't opened yet. I think it will open around Aug-Sept 2017.

Alright. Thank you.

In my case, the university gave me a sealed envelope of my transcripts. I mailed the transcripts to NDEB from my University's address and it was accepted.
That's awesome!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I am sorry but I don't want to give you any false hope. It will be a little tough for you unless everything goes smoothly and they don't request any additional docs or some other reasons.
I actually wanted to take the test in August and sent all my docs on 16th Feb, 2017 and then on 2nd June, 2017, NDEB requested for a document with lawyer's stamp (I already stamped all the docs but IDK why they asked for it again). I submitted that around 7-8th June and around 12th June, it got accepted and I became eligible to register but the deadline was 21st May to register.
For you to register, you need to get everything approved before end of Nov/Dec, and their processing time is 12 weeks.
I don't want you to lose hope though, Just remember, "Everything happens for a reason"
Good luck.

thanks a lot, i will try to do it early.

Hi Guys,

Thank you.
Hello I'm planning for 2018 AFK either Feb or Aug depends on how far I can study and be confident to take it. I still have to submit my application online this week. As of this time I don't have any current study materials. I hope we can help each other or anyone interested join this forum. Thanks

Last edited:
Hello,
Does the NDEB will accept notarized original copies of credentials? I have original copies with me and I'm planning to notarized them. Thanks

Last edited:
Hello,
Does the NDEB will accept notarized original copies of credentials? I have original copies with and I'm planning them to be notarized. Thanks

Yes. One set of copies that you need to send to NDEB have to be notarized.

thank you Niy.B! Do you know what review materials should I use to review for AFK? Right now I don't have anything to start for my review. Thanks so much for your reply:)!

Hi Guys,

Thank you.
Hello, I'm planning to take AFK in Feb. 2018 too. We can help each other to study the released questions and give explanations for the right and wrong answers. And share review materials. Right now I'm still at lost I don't know where to begin to review??? I have Released questions from NDEB website. I need help to find the best answers. Below is the #1 question:
1. A patient experiences pain and some gingival
swelling in the anterior segment of the mandible. The mandibular lateral incisor has a shallow restoration, is tender to percussion and gives a positive response to the electric pulp tester. There is some mobility. The most likely diagnosis is
A. Acute Apical Abscess
b. Acute Serious Pulpitis
c. Lateral Periodontal Abscess
d. Acute Suppurative Pulpitis
e. Chronic Ulcerative Pulpitis

Hello guys,
Im planning to take up Afk in February 2018 but I have no idea about how to start with the preparation I.e the materials that needs to be followed and wer do I get them.
if somebody can explain the preparation brefiely it would be of great help.
Thank you in advance.

Hello I'm planning for 2018 AFK either Feb or Aug depends on how far I can study and be confident to take it. I still have to submit my application online this week. As of this time I don't have any current study materials. I hope we can help each other or anyone interested join this forum. Thanks
Hi I am planning to do my afk in aug2018.. needs serious study partners

Reactions: 1 users
Hello, I'm planning to take AFK in Feb. 2018 too. We can help each other to study the released questions and give explanations for the right and wrong answers. And share review materials. Right now I'm still at lost I don't know where to begin to review??? I have Released questions from NDEB website. I need help to find the best answers. Below is the #1 question:
swelling in the anterior segment of the mandible. The mandibular lateral incisor has a shallow restoration, is tender to percussion and gives a positive response to the electric pulp tester. There is some mobility. The most likely diagnosis is
A. Acute Apical Abscess
C, review periodontics

Hey. I am preparing for AFK 2018 (FEB). Anybody interested in studying together? I live in Mississauga.

One way to prepare for the exam is by joining some private institute. For example: Prep doctors in Mississauga/Brampton area. I've heard they're really good for AFK preparation. They have around 80-90% success record for AFK.
For the further tests, they don't have very good record. Around 50-60%

Hi I am planning to do my afk in aug2018.. needs serious study partners
Hi,I am also studying for AFK 2018....Interested to study with a motivated person to solve released sample questions together.if interested ,PM me .Thanks

A. Acute Apical Abscess
Hi, for me the answer is C. I have collected some released questions.would you like to solve those with me .i would like to discuss each option from question and share with each other.if interested ,PM me

Hi All,

I am also planning to give AFK in Feb 18. NDEB has approved my profile. When is the registrations expected to open?

Hi,I am also studying for AFK 2018....Interested to study with a motivated person to solve released sample questions together.if interested ,PM me .Thanks
I'm planning to give my AFK in feb or aug 2018 ....

I also planning to sit the next feb , i would love to have a study partner !

Which of the following is NOT a component of a dental cartridge containing 2% lidocaine with 1:100,000 epinephrine?
A. Methylparaben.
B. Water.
C. Sodium metabisulphite.
D. Sodium chloride.

Hi everyone,
Can anyone please let me know if the registration for AFK February 2018 is open yet?
TIA

Hi Guys

I can see that dates for Feb 2018 have been announced (Feb 3 2018), but I am not able to see the link to register through my account though my profile has been approved. Any idea when we can register??

Hi,
Good luck.
Hi! Do we need to be done with our Degree (BDS) before applying or can we do it during internship??

Registrations are open now.
I just registered for myself.

Hi Guys

I can see that dates for Feb 2018 have been announced (Feb 3 2018), but I am not able to see the link to register through my account though my profile has been approved. Any idea when we can register??
You can register now.
Just have $1000 ready in a VISA/Mastercard. You will have 4 hours to pay after registering.

Hello guys,
Im planning to take up Afk in February 2018 but I have no idea about how to start with the preparation I.e the materials that needs to be followed and wer do I get them.
if somebody can explain the preparation brefiely it would be of great help.
Thank you in advance.
I can help you with that, please let me know what hours work for you.

HI, guys,
I live in Burlington Ont, i'm taking the AFk in feb , any ideas on study topics, study group, anything! If you provide any help PaulinaLara it's much appreciated
Please message me

One way to prepare for the exam is by joining some private institute. For example: Prep doctors in Mississauga/Brampton area. I've heard they're really good for AFK preparation. They have around 80-90% success record for AFK.
For the further tests, they don't have very good record. Around 50-60%
do you have any idea if they can send study materials abroad?????

Hi guys
I am in Saskatoon anyone interested in combine study for feb exam?

Hi everyone,
Has anyone chosen University of Toronto as the exam centre?

Hi everyone!

I'm a dentist, graduated from the UK. Taking the AFK in February. I live in North York/ Midtown area. Let me know if anyone would like to study together : )

Thank you!

Hi ,
I am planning to send my documents for assesment to NDEB . I am confused about the documents tgat are to be sent directly by the university . So are we supposed to send photocopies of our academic record to univ and they attest it and put ut in a sealed package or is the univ supposed to grnerate those academic records . Pls help