NECO day to day....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CanadaBoy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been accepted to a couple schools and was trying to get a good idea of what the day to day schedule is like at NECO. I was wondering if there's anyone out there who could give me a ballpark idea of what to expect in terms of class schedule, labs etc.? For example, labs and clinic in the morning and class in the afternoon, or class certain days and labs others...

I can't access the NECO website for some reason lately and just wanted to get a feel for what the day to day is like.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there Canada boy,

In your first year you will have clinic and labs in the mornings from 8am till 12pm and then class from 1pm till 7pm on some days. Most days will only go till 5pm. In the mornings you will have set days for most labs like anatomy (with cadavers) and optics. Some labs will meet only 3 times a semester such as histology. Clinics will depend on whether you have observations or preschool screenings. Some weeks you will have 2 some weeks you will have none. You will get a copy of your semester schedule when you register at orientation. If you do choose to come to NECO expect a welcome package from me sometime this summer. I have put together a FAQ packet for Canadian students on behalf of an organization I have created here called the Canadian Club. It will have answers to question you may have such as student visas and scope of practice of Optometry both in the US and Canada. If you did have any immediate question right now please do not hesitate to message me here or personal message me. I might have given you my business card. If so you can call me on my cell number there or email me. Good luck!

T-H
OD2008