NECO vs CCO for Canadian student.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Optohan

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

I am a Canadian student who recently got accepted to both NECO and CCO. I'm having tough time deciding which school is better overall (i.e. passing rates, class schedules, rent, traveling accommodations, clinic time, etc.). Can you guys give me some pros and cons for each of these schools?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a current at NECO and I can tell you that you will not feel alone here as a Canadian student. Almost 40% of our class is Canadian. We all love it here and the staff is super nice. NECO is one of the older schools so the staff def know what they are doing. Classes for 1st years are very chill (usually starting at 1pm-5pm) with varying days. Attendance is not mandatory other than labs.

One thing I LOVE is all the clinic hours you get so early on. You get to do 6-8 days of school screenings on mixed school ages starting in your first month of classes spanning the whole 1st year and in the second semester year 1 you start clinic. the Hands on learning was really helpful.

I will say rent is pretty steep, but its manageable with a 3-4 person apartment and the public transport is good, so no need for a car or parking fees. Since there are so many Canadians here, the staff knows a lot about helping the students with new phone #s and other stuff as well as the student body is very generous and helpful.

I also visited CCO, their clinic was very high tech and the staff was super nice! Since they have a mixed pre-professional campus you can get cool bonuses (like free teeth cleanings). Their building was also very nice.

I hope this helps

Reactions: 1 user