NECO Dual O.D/ MS vision science degree?

Started by kelus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kelus

super mega fantastic user
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is any one applying for the dual OD/MS?

i am and i was woundering if any one had any more information on the usefullness of the dual degree in teaching, research and other employment oppertunities.

any info would be appreciated
 
Is any one applying for the dual OD/MS?

i am and i was woundering if any one had any more information on the usefullness of the dual degree in teaching, research and other employment oppertunities.

any info would be appreciated

Thought about doing this when I was applying. Now, I'm halfway through first year and I'm glad I only have the O.D. on my plate for right now...
My advice - thoroughly research how much the program will add to your class/work load. If they're completely separate, then fine, go for it if you really want it. Otherwise, take one step at a time.
Also, for the future - if your main goal is to practice optometry in a clinic, I'm willing to bet almost no one will care that you have an O.D./M.S. If you want to teach, on the other hand, you're going to need an O.D./Ph.D. Decisions, decisions.