CCO vs MCPHS vs SALUS vs NECO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TallGuy117

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could provide some insights into these schools as well as whether there are still seats left for the upcoming fall term? I applied for all but CCO in February but my applications were on hold until I wrote the GRE last week. NECO and SALUS are my top choices as their cost of attendance appear to be very similar and they both have solid board rates with Canadian externship rotation sites (am Canadian). I haven't applied to CCO as yet but as they've extended their deadline I am considering doing so.

Members don't see this ad.

What are your stats for undergrad, GPA, OAT, etc? I know many Canadians who went to NECO. I want to say their stats are like 30% of each class or something like that. I think NECO has proven itself as strong school with high GPA matriculation rate, Board pass rates, etc. I would personally choose NECO.
CCO is new, and we don't even know if it will be accredited in future years since its students haven't even taken part 1 of Boards yet (let alone parts 2 and 3). Additionally, Salus has had some pretty poor stats over the past few years. Their most recent class profile had an average OAT of just under 300. That's not great. For such a large school, that means a huge percentage of students are scoring UNDER 300, and another chunk are scoring above.

I personally work at a major academic medical center, and I have not had any issues with NECO students. I'll just say that much.

What are your stats for undergrad, GPA, OAT, etc? I know many Canadians who went to NECO. I want to say their stats are like 30% of each class or something like that. I think NECO has proven itself as strong school with high GPA matriculation rate, Board pass rates, etc. I would personally choose NECO.
CCO is new, and we don't even know if it will be accredited in future years since its students haven't even taken part 1 of Boards yet (let alone parts 2 and 3). Additionally, Salus has had some pretty poor stats over the past few years. Their most recent class profile had an average OAT of just under 300. That's not great. For such a large school, that means a huge percentage of students are scoring UNDER 300, and another chunk are scoring above.

I personally work at a major academic medical center, and I have not had any issues with NECO students. I'll just say that much.

My stats aren't the best. I also had to take the GRE rather than the OAT due to covid. Am not sure how competitive my scores for that are, I was told they were looking for scores above 150.
cGPA = 2.93
sGPA = 2.97
GRE = Quant 151 (41st percentile) Verb = 159 (83rd percentile) AW = 4 (57th percentile)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could provide some insights into these schools as well as whether there are still seats left for the upcoming fall term? I applied for all but CCO in February but my applications were on hold until I wrote the GRE last week. NECO and SALUS are my top choices as their cost of attendance appear to be very similar and they both have solid board rates with Canadian externship rotation sites (am Canadian). I haven't applied to CCO as yet but as they've extended their deadline I am considering doing so.
Hey!!, just wondering did you end up applying? I’m in a similar boat as you

Hey!!, just wondering did you end up applying? I’m in a similar boat as you
Hi yes I did last Thursday, I only got my official GRE scores Monday so they’re just now reviewing my application for a potential interview.

Hi yes I did last Thursday, I only got my official GRE scores Monday so they’re just now reviewing my application for a potential interview.
How long until your official GRE score came ? I took it yesterday actually.

How long until your official GRE score came ? I took it yesterday actually.
I took it on the 9th and got a PDF of the official scores posted on my account 8 days later. It still hasn't been sent to the schools yet from ETS but I emailed the PDF to the schools which was enough for them to review my application.