Need a boost of confidence

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SmileyTooth

If you're rich,I’m single
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone :) ,

You guys seems so knowledgable about everything and give some great advice. I am slowly starting to loose hope/energy in getting accepted, especially to my first choice school Univerisity of the Pacific. They have decided to "re-review at the end of January". Does anyone know what that means?!

Okay, here are my stats, let me know if I should be panicking...I have only heard from Pitt and Temple. I interviewed about a month ago at Temple and haven't heard from them yet. I have my Pitt interview coming up soon.

Undergrad Ed: Penn State University, Biology major
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.72
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.65

DAT: 19 Academic, 19 Science, 17 PAT
Extracurricular/Research Activities: peer tutor for chemistry, shadowing, research
Applied: Arizona, UoP :luck: , Howard, Nova, Pittsburg, Temple

AADSAS Submitted: aug 31

AADSAS Sent: oct 11

AADSAS pink slip: oct 19

AADSAS ID: 50XX

Schools Received AADSAS: oct 22

Interview Invites: Temple, Pitt

Denied: **

Withdrew Application: **

Please feel free to burst my UoP bubble...

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know much about UOP... but your stats look like they will get you in SOMEWHERE!

Don't worry. Just stay positive. You'll be accepted there WAY before me. I am currently in the same state as you with regards to my status as a UOP "re-review at end of January" applicant. My GPA is much lower than yours, but my DAT is 20/19/20. If we both get in, I'll buy you a drink! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hang in there, SmileyTooth! :thumbup: UOP is very big into the DAT and often a low score (~16,17) might be enough for them to hold your application - or they might already have a full class. Who know! But don't give up just yet. I noticed that you applied to a good mix of schools. Have you heard from all of them? If not, I recommend that you contact those schools and see if something is missing. UOP is a great school, but don't be too hard on yourself if you don't hear from them. Make sure your interviews at the other schools count - afterall your goal is to become a dentist and if you can't realize it at UOP then the other schools can make it happen for you. Best of luck!

You have a great GPA and nice DAT score, I don't see how you won't get in. Good luck.

Hi Smiley,

Your stats look really good! Unfortunately, from what I heard from UOP, things aren't looking so good for those of us who haven't been invited to an interview yet.

I called UOP earlier this week inquiring where they stand as far as interviews go and number of remaining seats. The lady I spoke to said that they expect the class to be completely full following the next mailing of acceptances. In her words, the class will be full by the end of this month. Furthermore, the interview schedule is entirely booked for all of January. She said they might run only a couple interviews in February, but it's unlikely any of those interviewing will get in b/c the class will probably already be full. Hate to give you bad news. I had my hopes up too. But your stats look great and I'm sure you'll get in somewhere!

SmileyTooth said:
Hey everyone :) ,

You guys seems so knowledgable about everything and give some great advice. I am slowly starting to loose hope/energy in getting accepted, especially to my first choice school Univerisity of the Pacific. They have decided to "re-review at the end of January". Does anyone know what that means?!

Okay, here are my stats, let me know if I should be panicking...I have only heard from Pitt and Temple. I interviewed about a month ago at Temple and haven't heard from them yet. I have my Pitt interview coming up soon.

Undergrad Ed: Penn State University, Biology major
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.72
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.65

DAT: 19 Academic, 19 Science, 17 PAT
Extracurricular/Research Activities: peer tutor for chemistry, shadowing, research
Applied: Arizona, UoP :luck: , Howard, Nova, Pittsburg, Temple

AADSAS Submitted: aug 31

AADSAS Sent: oct 11

AADSAS pink slip: oct 19

AADSAS ID: 50XX

Schools Received AADSAS: oct 22

Interview Invites: Temple, Pitt

Denied: **

Withdrew Application: **

Please feel free to burst my UoP bubble...

Don't lose hope yet! Who knows what can happen from now until the end of January. Stay positive and just take things how they come! You've gotten interview invites at a couple of schools so far...that's wonderful! Think about that! Stay positive! I wish you the best of luck!

Well, just to brighten your day a little, I have to buds that aren't going to go there just because it's so expensive. So there should be a couple spots that open up :) Good luck to ya

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply! You guys are really nice. :)