need a diagnosis on my vision

Started by ooscubaoo
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ooscubaoo

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
can someone diagnose me with something. recently my vision is very wierd. i would be sitting here looking at the monitor and student my eyes would make everything like smaller and farther away. it would seem as if my vision did a "ZOOOM OUT" and whatever is really close to my eyes would appear very far from me probably 10 feet further away than it is. has anyoneheard of such a thing? or have learned about it in optometry school?

thanks
 
How long ago did this start?

How long after working on the computer does this happen?

How long does it take to go away?

What do you do to make it go away?

Does it happen when you do other near work?

Do you current have glasses or contacts?
 
ooscubaoo said:
can someone diagnose me with something. recently my vision is very wierd. i would be sitting here looking at the monitor and student my eyes would make everything like smaller and farther away. it would seem as if my vision did a "ZOOOM OUT" and whatever is really close to my eyes would appear very far from me probably 10 feet further away than it is. has anyoneheard of such a thing? or have learned about it in optometry school?

thanks


SILO effect? But i doubt it with very little prismatic effect from glasses. You might have some type of BV issue that is going on, but I'll let others answer it, since I hate BV.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ooscubaoo said:
can someone diagnose me with something. recently my vision is very wierd. i would be sitting here looking at the monitor and student my eyes would make everything like smaller and farther away. it would seem as if my vision did a "ZOOOM OUT" and whatever is really close to my eyes would appear very far from me probably 10 feet further away than it is. has anyoneheard of such a thing? or have learned about it in optometry school?

thanks

OMG! Same thing happens to me when I sit at the computer for a while. Everything "zooms out" for a minute or two and then I blink a couple times and everything is back to normal. It's happened like 3 or 4 times to me and it only happens when I'm reading on the computer. I don't wear any contacts or glasses either. I too wonder what the problem is!
 
rpames said:
How long ago did this start?

How long after working on the computer does this happen?

How long does it take to go away?

What do you do to make it go away?

Does it happen when you do other near work?

Do you current have glasses or contacts?

i noticed this happening probably a year ago. it happens only maybe 2-3 times a year. it takes sometimes 2 minutes, but sometimes it can last up to 10 minutes. I try to make it go away by blinking or by closing my eyes for a long time. i would also then focus closly on something really close for a long time then it would go back to normal. i wear both glasses and contacts. it happens when i've worn contacts and it has happened when i wear my glasses.
 
ooscubaoo said:
i noticed this happening probably a year ago. it happens only maybe 2-3 times a year. it takes sometimes 2 minutes, but sometimes it can last up to 10 minutes. I try to make it go away by blinking or by closing my eyes for a long time. i would also then focus closly on something really close for a long time then it would go back to normal. i wear both glasses and contacts. it happens when i've worn contacts and it has happened when i wear my glasses.

it sounds like you have an accomodative insufficiency. or actually, it might be an accom. infacility. you should get a VEE (visual efficiency exam) done. check with your local optometrist.
 
drbizzaro said:
it sounds like you have an accomodative insufficiency. or actually, it might be an accom. infacility. you should get a VEE (visual efficiency exam) done. check with your local optometrist.


Definitely sounds like your having trouble sustaining accommodation through ample amounts of near vision. I've never heard of a Visual efficiency exam though. I'm sure though you're just talking about a BV workup.
 
Ryan_eyeball said:
Definitely sounds like your having trouble sustaining accommodation through ample amounts of near vision. I've never heard of a Visual efficiency exam though. I'm sure though you're just talking about a BV workup.

yup, i meant BV workup