• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Need a GRE Tutor, please!

drSoS12345

Aug 2, 2019
  1. Dental Student
Hi everyone,

I am planning to take the GRE soon, and I am looking for someone who has taken the exam and is willing to tutor/guide me. Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks in advance!

Also, how long does it usually take to study for the exam? any good sources? if I am planning to apply for Ortho do I have to take it? I am an international student but I have a DDS/DMD degree from the US, and I heard that getting a bad score is worse than not taking the exam at all if I am applying to schools that have the GRE as optional. I am willing to put the effort into studying for the exam, but since English is not my native language I am concerned about how well I can do. All the help is much appreciated.

FunnyGirl1116

Oct 11, 2019
  1. Dentist
Some schools require either ADAT or GRE; you gotta check each school.

I studied for the GRE around 2012 for reference; you absolutely have to buy this first recommendation:

1) The Official Guide to the GRE by ETS (educational testing service) . It's a book.

It's practice questions by the people who make the test.

2) I used this in 2012: Magoosh Online GRE Prep . I don't know if there are better options now. I remember liking it because all the questions were online, and I didn't have to flip through a book. It is admittedly much more expensive than I remember... There might be other better cheaper study aids now.

Hopefully other people have insight about good resources?

Reactions: 1 users

Sl1d3r

5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2015
I took it about a year ago and I primarily used the Magoosh Online GRE Prep course as noted in the previous post. I know two other people in my class used that to study as well. I supplemented with a Kaplan GRE prep book that a family member had. I studied for about a month off and on for about an hour or two a day. Most programs require it so I would definitely recommend taking the test.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.