Need a GRE Tutor, please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drSoS12345

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am planning to take the GRE soon, and I am looking for someone who has taken the exam and is willing to tutor/guide me. Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks in advance!

Also, how long does it usually take to study for the exam? any good sources? if I am planning to apply for Ortho do I have to take it? I am an international student but I have a DDS/DMD degree from the US, and I heard that getting a bad score is worse than not taking the exam at all if I am applying to schools that have the GRE as optional. I am willing to put the effort into studying for the exam, but since English is not my native language I am concerned about how well I can do. All the help is much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools require either ADAT or GRE; you gotta check each school.

I studied for the GRE around 2012 for reference; you absolutely have to buy this first recommendation:

1) The Official Guide to the GRE by ETS (educational testing service) . It's a book.

It's practice questions by the people who make the test.

2) I used this in 2012: Magoosh Online GRE Prep . I don't know if there are better options now. I remember liking it because all the questions were online, and I didn't have to flip through a book. It is admittedly much more expensive than I remember... There might be other better cheaper study aids now.

Hopefully other people have insight about good resources?

Reactions: 1 users
I took it about a year ago and I primarily used the Magoosh Online GRE Prep course as noted in the previous post. I know two other people in my class used that to study as well. I supplemented with a Kaplan GRE prep book that a family member had. I studied for about a month off and on for about an hour or two a day. Most programs require it so I would definitely recommend taking the test.

Reactions: 1 user