1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a little advice please!

Discussion in 'Physician Scientists' started by TheRock, Oct 23, 2002.

1. TheRock

TheRock Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi,
    I haven't posted on here in awhile, but I attend a private liberal arts school, which means limited classes, professors and schedule times. Like a previous poster, I too am a non-science major applying to mstp programs next year. My problem currently is this: I really want to take genetics this spring, but the class overlaps with a required class I must take to graduate. I spoke with the genetics prof, and he said that students enrolled in his class must attend and not skip as he gives pop quizzes. So, I was wondering if it would look down upon on my application if I took genetics as a pass/fail course so I could still learn most of the material through labs and some class sessions, and still attend my required class for graduation?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. isidella

7+ Year Member

Since genetics is an elective course, don't worry about it. I am not aware of it being required by any md/phd program as a pre-req.

heck, you can teach yourself genetics and brag about it in your PS, that you are a self-motivated learner. . .

Hope this helps!

4. jot

jot

hey rock - its not a problem at all. to put it in perspective, i want to do a phd in neuroscience, but i don't have even one neuro type course under my belt. taking something p/f would be a bonus.