Need a little advice please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheRock

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I haven't posted on here in awhile, but I attend a private liberal arts school, which means limited classes, professors and schedule times. Like a previous poster, I too am a non-science major applying to mstp programs next year. My problem currently is this: I really want to take genetics this spring, but the class overlaps with a required class I must take to graduate. I spoke with the genetics prof, and he said that students enrolled in his class must attend and not skip as he gives pop quizzes. So, I was wondering if it would look down upon on my application if I took genetics as a pass/fail course so I could still learn most of the material through labs and some class sessions, and still attend my required class for graduation?

Members don't see this ad.

Since genetics is an elective course, don't worry about it. I am not aware of it being required by any md/phd program as a pre-req.

heck, you can teach yourself genetics and brag about it in your PS, that you are a self-motivated learner. . .

Hope this helps!

hey rock - its not a problem at all. to put it in perspective, i want to do a phd in neuroscience, but i don't have even one neuro type course under my belt. taking something p/f would be a bonus.