snivern

10+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2005
Status
I've been checking out this forum for a few months now and I appreciate all the input everyone has given to the various topics. Thanks to all that post here.

If anyone is willing, I could use some advice from you guys.

I am 29 with a B.S. Dental Laboratory Technology from LSU School of Dentistry. I have wanted to attend pharmacy school for a number of years now, always thinking about it while building a career in sales. I KNOW that this is not my calling and I am quite sure after much introspection and research that a career in pharmacy would suite me better.

Anyway, after looking at all my transcripts, I have a gpa of 2.9 but all A's and B's in Science classes. I had a few F's from not withdrawing soon enough in 1996 which has really put a crimp in my gpa. Heartbreak and relationships sort of thing when I was young and naive. I have taken classes since i graduated and made A's in calculus I and II but still need to take Ochems and a few other easier classes.

I guess I'm just trying to find some input from anyone out there in my situation. Not having stellar gpa, has been out in the work force, has bills to pay and trying to figure how to pay for prereqs, and getting older by the minute. Thanks to all of you who reply and I thank you all again for keeping up such a good forum.

mahishrimp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2005
Status
You may check out the "academic renewal" from your school. That may help you to remove F's in your transcript.

Glycerin

Commercially Unavailable
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2004
Squint your eyes and look closer.
Status
Pharmacist
snivern said:
I've been checking out this forum for a few months now and I appreciate all the input everyone has given to the various topics. Thanks to all that post here.

I am 29 with a B.S. Dental Laboratory Technology from LSU School of Dentistry. I have wanted to attend pharmacy school for a number of years now, always thinking about it while building a career in sales. I KNOW that this is not my calling and I am quite sure after much introspection and research that a career in pharmacy would suite me better.

Anyway, after looking at all my transcripts, I have a gpa of 2.9 but all A's and B's in Science classes. I had a few F's from not withdrawing soon enough in 1996 which has really put a crimp in my gpa. Heartbreak and relationships sort of thing when I was young and naive. I have taken classes since i graduated and made A's in calculus I and II but still need to take Ochems and a few other easier classes.

I guess I'm just trying to find some input from anyone out there in my situation. Not having stellar gpa, has been out in the work force, has bills to pay and trying to figure how to pay for prereqs, and getting older by the minute. Thanks to all of you who reply and I thank you all again for keeping up such a good forum.
I was in the same situation, and I was accepted to pharmacy school. The best thing you can do is apply as early as possible. If you are applying for entrance in 2006, then begin your application process in June. The sooner your app is in, the sooner it is looked at and with less competition (at schools with rolling admissions). Keep taking upper-level science courses to boost your GPA. There are schools out there that look at the whole picure. :thumbup:

BESTPHARMACY

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2005
Status
snivern said:

Wow, let's see......

Do the following:

1) Take more science classes and get A's.
2) Get some pharmacy experience so you know that it is your "Tru Calling" (i loved the show, too bad, FOX axed it)
3)Apply early, preferably before July.
4) And cross your fingers!

:thumbup: