Need Advice about job offer!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Doctor Rock

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was offered a job with Walgreens, and I accepted the position online. Then after several months of screwing me over (hiding the fact that it was a float position, asking me to schedule a weekend visit the store to do my training at which point they said I couldnt do anything until I took the drug test) I was offered a way better job with a different company. What is the best/cleanest way to get out of the Walgreens thing?

I haven't signed anything or taken scholarship money or anything. They haven't even tried to put me on payroll yet. Do I have to call them and tell them or can I just go about my business like nothing happened? Has anyone else done this?
 
I'm assuming you haven't started yet? Just tell them you got an offer that was a better fit, and fugeddaboutit.
 
So I was offered a job with Walgreens, and I accepted the position online. Then after several months of screwing me over (hiding the fact that it was a float position, asking me to schedule a weekend visit the store to do my training at which point they said I couldnt do anything until I took the drug test) I was offered a way better job with a different company. What is the best/cleanest way to get out of the Walgreens thing?

I haven't signed anything or taken scholarship money or anything. They haven't even tried to put me on payroll yet. Do I have to call them and tell them or can I just go about my business like nothing happened? Has anyone else done this?

To whom it may concern:

Thank you for the opportunity with Walgreens. I have decided to pursue another professional endeavor. This letter serves as my resignation effective immediately.

Sincerely,
John Doe