Need advice on dropping a class...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted244469

So here's my situation. I am taking anatomy lab and find it extemely challenging. Just got my 1st practical back and got a 72 even though i thought I did a lot better. I figure I'm going to have to bust my butt now to get a B. This class is not required in my bio major (I switched majors this semmester). Should I stick with it or drop it. I'll admit I have been a tad lazy, but it's an 8am class and I find it a little rough getting up.I know i can work harder though. I feel that I am making excuses to drop it, but i also don't want to hurt my GPA. FWIW, it's only a 1 credit hour class. Any advice would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I LOVE ANATOMY!! I would stay in :) Plus, it's only 1 hour so if you don't do well, it's not going to kill your GPA...

Drop it.

If it wasn't required, why did you take it? That was your first mistake.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know, I mean I already have one drop from last year ( because I simply did not feel prepared enough for the class). I don't want the adcoms/interviewers to think I am lazy

I don't know, I mean I already have one drop from last year ( because I simply did not feel prepared enough for the class). I don't want the adcoms/interviewers to think I am lazy

Nonsensical SDN urban legend - a handful of drops won't hurt you - I had a bunch and have had no problems getting interviews, no questions about it.

I T/A anatomy this semester and a trend I tell the students is this: The first test is hard because you don't know how to properly study. The second test in our curriculum is the hardest material wise but averages about the same because you are now becoming accustomed to proper study habits. The third through fifth test progressively gets easier. Don't get me wrong, you still have to put in the work.

im guessing ur first lab test was on histology? either way its always hard the first time but its gets easier trust me I has a 70 on my first practical and progressed to a better grade.. I ended up with an A over all