Need advice on my MCAT prep please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Future_Bone_Docta

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am about three weeks out from my MCAT. The date is June 15th. I just took TPR FL 1, scored a 495. Obviously not ideal, but I heard they are grossly deflated and to keep grinding. My lowest section was CHM/PHY unsurprisingly, and the majority of stuff I got wrong was electricity/ magentism/ ect. Which are the only topics I didnt get to content review prior to that exam. The question is, given my three week time frame, do I just switch too AAMC Qbanks and tests solely at this point? Or should I continue content review for the next couple days once I finish physics and psych and then switch too them? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Was TPR FL 1 the only practice test you have taken so far? Or have you taken any other FLs (if so, what were the scores)?
Its my first thus far, I have the TPR prep course but did not have time during the semester. I took the diagnostic in like Feb and got a 492, but I would take that with a grain of salt. I have not taken any EK or NS exams either.

Its my first thus far, I have the TPR prep course but did not have time during the semester. I took the diagnostic in like Feb and got a 492, but I would take that with a grain of salt. I have not taken any EK or NS exams either.

Three weeks is too short imo, although it depends on what schools you're applying to (could work for DO, but risky for MD). TPR tests are deflated but even then a 495 is too low. For now, try an NS test soon and see what you get. Hopefully try to get a 507+ or so. Also be sure to fill in the content gaps as much as possible.

Reactions: 1 user
Three weeks is too short imo, although it depends on what schools you're applying to (could work for DO, but risky for MD). TPR tests are deflated but even then a 495 is too low. For now, try an NS test soon and see what you get. Hopefully try to get a 507+ or so. Also be sure to fill in the content gaps as much as possible.
I took an NS exam yesterday, Got a 503. I Had trouble focusing all day, so I will be taking the second tomorrow and hoping for a higher score.