Quantcast

Need advice on my next step!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Snowflake10

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hey SDNers, this is my second time applying, and no luck yet. I've had one interview and got rejected on dec 1st. I'm pretty sure my downfall is my GPA. I graduated undergrad with a 2.98. I did a SMP for a year and graduated with a 3.0. Ive taken the DAT three times and got the same academic average the last two times (19AA, 19TS, 22PAT). I've got plenty of shadowing hours and volunteering work. Currently, I'm working as a dental assistant and been doing that for about a year now.

What do you guys think should be my next step? Retake the DAT? Maybe retake some classes I've made C's in? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you! And congrats to all you that finally made it this year!

doc toothache

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Your next should be to call the schools in question, not least, the one that gave you an interview and ask their advice. You are unlikely to find the magic formula on SDN.

Reactions: 1 user

gobblergiant

Reaction score
doc toothache is correct. In your current standing, it will be difficult to be accepted into dental school. I already notice some red flags (e.g. consistent DAT scores for 3 exams and low GPA). Best way to understand what is the best step forward is to ask schools who gave you interviews on what they think you should improve on.