Need advice on picking a pt school.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tpath11

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, not to bore you with details, but I have been accepted to 2 instate schools (wanted to keep loans minimum) they are about 3 hours drive from each other. I went to undergrad at one. All my friends, connections, some family, and serious girlfriend are all within a 10 min drive here. I made a great niche here as I went here 4 years for undergrad. The other university is slightly better (well known) but not to a polarizing extent. I have been accepted in both places (tuition is same around 15 k per year, and living expenses are nearly identical). I do not know a single person at the slightly better university. The only reason I would even consider it is if it got me a better paying job in the end, or helped me in some other aspect. Any and all advice is appreciated. Does name matter? If so, to what extent? both schools have a great board pass rates, one just has been accredited longer..

Members don't see this ad.

If I were in your shoes, I'd stay at your undergrad school. There is no compelling reason to go to the other one. Name does not matter. Pass rates do, and from your description, the schools are on equal footing. You'll have plenty of stress the first year, so why add to it by moving to unfamiliar surroundings?

Reactions: 1 user
I'd personally go to the one thats farther away. Especially if you're young, I think its a great way to mature and make better connections with the people you are in school with. But I understand why you would want to be in a more comfortable situation. Just my opiniom

No difference in where you graduate (as long as you pass those boards). I valued the support of my family and friends at school and did not move for school. It really won't matter which school you attend.