molar3

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2010
Status
Has anyone tried thinkwell? I know there are ALOT of videos and about 10 minutes each but what i'd like to know is do you think its beneficial/helpful? Im not really in a time crunch/rush to take the DAT again so i have a few months to study, do you think utilizing thinkwell is a good source for bio? Last time i took the DAT i studied from Cliffs AP bio and i got a 19 on bio. I'm going to try to supplement my cliffs with thinkwell this time? I'm not sure though, any input?

Feb 17, 2010
Status
I think I tried a couple of videos. Are they with that old guy with the mustache? I tried watching a few of them but I thought they were too elementary. If there are some things that you're really struggling with, they might help but I found them to be more of a waste of time. Maybe try looking up different bio videos? Bio is just a really random section anyway.

Jul 30, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I watched a lot of the Thinkwell videos to help me prepare for biology. In my opinion they were very helpful. They are fairly easy/elementary videos, however, I do believe they give the correct amount of information that you will need to know. I highly recommend them because I feel they really helped me do well in biology.

honkietrash

Father and Army Dentist
5+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2010
Glendale AZ
Status
Pre-Dental
I used Thinkwell quite a bit, like 40 hours worth. For me it was a different way to absorb the information and I think it helped tons. Especially taxonomy and evolution topics. plant biology too.

I also listened to Exam Crackers for the MCAT biology.

Rlow04

10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2009
Central Texas
www.SharedPractices.com
Status
Dentist
Thinkwell Bio is amazing. Unfortunately you can't get all of the videos for free anymore (my breakdown needs to be updated). Still, if you're not a Bio major and you haven't taken classes that cover plants, taxonomy, etc., I would fork out the cash and pay for the course.

Chad's plus Thinkwell Bio is a solid foundation for the whole science section. I say go for it.