Need Advice! Recent B.S Graduate

Started by DrMomZion
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrMomZion

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am new to this website but, I've always followed and read forums. I recently Graduated with a BS in Health Education and I have build my resume during my undergraduate career. I worked in Anatomy lab for 2 1/2 years, I have been published before and I've shadowed surgeons, family medicine and internal medicine doctors prolly about I would say 200 + hours or more. I never really kept track of it. I just loved shadowing and learning more about the life that physician lived= and their responsibly in hospital setting. As a recent graduate I am anxious, excited and a little nervous. During my senior year of undergrad, I became pregnant so, during my last year I pushed through and my son was born on Valentines day. I graduated on May 23 and it safe to say that I have been through a lot this year but, I am still pursuing my dreams of one day becoming a doctor to the most underserved population. I recently, applied to three post-bac programs and been anxiously waiting on a response. (My Major GPA was a 3.51 and my Cummulative is 3.17) SFSU Post-Bac program, CSU Eastbay Post-Bac Program and lastly, Charles Drew.

I really want to get into Charles Drew Post Bac Program in LA. I will be interviewing in the next couple of weeks. Has anyone heard about the program and if you applied how was your interview????. What kind of questions do they ask?

I currently live in Oakland, CA is it hard to move to LA (because of financial issues) I take care of my family.I am also currently working as a full time Medical Assistant and trying to save in case I do move to LA. How realistic is this?? I am thinking about getting student loans to maybe help with this journey.

I am a determined young woman, I love my son and my family is very supportive and I love them for that.

If anyone has feedback or advice I would certainly appreciate it!

Thank You
 
Last edited:
Use the interview feedback forum.

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am new to this website but, I've always followed and read forums. I recently Graduated with a BS in Health Education and I have build my resume during my undergraduate career. I worked in Anatomy lab for 2 1/2 years, I have been published before and I've shadowed surgeons, family medicine and internal medicine doctors prolly about I would say 200 + hours or more. I never really kept track of it. I just loved shadowing and learning more about the life that physician lived= and their responsibly in hospital setting. As a recent graduate I am anxious, excited and a little nervous. During my senior year of undergrad, I became pregnant so, during my last year I pushed through and my son was born on Valentines day. I graduated on May 23 and it safe to say that I have been through a lot this year but, I am still pursuing my dreams of one day becoming a doctor to the most underserved population. I recently, applied to three post-bac programs and been anxiously waiting on a response. (My Major GPA was a 3.51 and my Cummulative is 3.17) SFSU Post-Bac program, CSU Eastbay Post-Bac Program and lastly, Charles Drew.

I really want to get into Charles Drew Post Bac Program in LA. I will be interviewing in the next couple of weeks. Has anyone heard about the program and if you applied how was your interview????. What kind of questions do they ask?

I currently live in Oakland, CA is it hard to move to LA (because of financial issues) I take care of my family.I am also currently working as a full time Medical Assistant and trying to save in case I do move to LA. How realistic is this?? I am thinking about getting student loans to maybe help with this journey.

I am a determined young woman, I love my son and my family is very supportive and I love them for that.

If anyone has feedback or advice I would certainly appreciate it!

Thank You