Need advice regarding Anatomy&Physiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjg713

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently graduated with a B.S. in Health Science and I am doing a post-bacc for the remaining pre-reqs. At my undergrad Physiology and Physiology Lab was a requirement for my major but not Anatomy. I found a local CC which offers "Comparative Anatomy Lec&Lab", should I take this? All other schools near me offer A&P 1 and 2, which means I will be repeating Physiology again. What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

I recently graduated with a B.S. in Health Science and I am doing a post-bacc for the remaining pre-reqs. At my undergrad Physiology and Physiology Lab was a requirement for my major but not Anatomy. I found a local CC which offers "Comparative Anatomy Lec&Lab", should I take this? All other schools near me offer A&P 1 and 2, which means I will be repeating Physiology again. What should I do?

I would personally take the Comparative Anatomy at the CC. It will be way cheaper and only one class.

Shouldn't be a problem unless your heart is set on tufts or something.

Well I would like to apply to Tufts but A&P is not a pre req there, so this should not be a problem, correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I would like to apply to Tufts but A&P is not a pre req there, so this should not be a problem, correct?

Tufts doesnt accept CC credits for prereqs.

Last edited:
Tufts doesnt accept students with any credits from a CC

I didn't apply to Tufts so I'm not familiar with Tufts, but I thought that they didn't accept CC credits for prerequisites. Otherwise, seems a bit draconian.