Need advice: should I wait to submit PTCAS app till next year?

PG2

Sep 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
I want to attend PT school as soon as I can and I'm still working on my application.

However, I am wondering if I should hold off and apply next year instead because I won't be able to officially submit until the end of October meaning they won't receive my app till late November (4-5 week processing according to PTCAS). From what I have been observing most people already have their applications submitted or will have it done by the end of this month. Since most schools are rolling I feel that my late submission will be another factor as to why I won't get accepted, in addition to my stats: 3.5 GPA, average GRE scores, 150 volunteer hours.
Another thing that worries me is my volunteer hours it will be about 150 by the beginning of October (currently volunteering) and that's the only experience with PT I have aside from 2 years of observing family members undergo PT.

Should I still go for it and submit my application or should I wait until next year?

GoDux1016

2+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
I was in a similar situation last year, and I ended up going for it and getting rejected from 4 schools. Although the rejection was tough it really prepared me for this cycle and I'm glad I went for it.

When you say most schools are rolling, do you mean the ones you're applying to or in general? I would say it's a pretty even split in general. You certainly face better odds with a non-rolling school late in the cycle.

I think the downside of going for it is the cost and the emotional toll of (potentially) getting rejected. The upside is either getting in or getting valuable experience for next cycle. My 2 cents.

Aug 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
As long as you apply before the deadline and to schools that you think you can get into, I think you should still apply. How's your prereq gpa?

OP
P

PG2

Sep 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
I was in a similar situation last year, and I ended up going for it and getting rejected from 4 schools. Although the rejection was tough it really prepared me for this cycle and I'm glad I went for it.

When you say most schools are rolling, do you mean the ones you're applying to or in general? I would say it's a pretty even split in general. You certainly face better odds with a non-rolling school late in the cycle.

I think the downside of going for it is the cost and the emotional toll of (potentially) getting rejected. The upside is either getting in or getting valuable experience for next cycle. My 2 cents.
Thank you!! that was actually a lot of help.