Need advice to get in International dental program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lena1028

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was rejected recently from USC, so sad, because it's the only university I got an interview. I had once shadowed in dental offices. And don't know what to do next to enhance myself.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi.. I completely understand how you are feeling, it hurts like hell. I got waitlisted at UCSF and it is same, a nice way of telling "we don't need you". UCSF is my everything and I love faculty especially Ms. Mary Pham.

At this point of time I would suggest you CONTINUE working at clinics. May be do more than you have done. Push yourself. Start now for next cycle. Keep working. Let them see significant amount of improvement in next application. Every day think how you lacked and how you could have done better either in interviews or in bench test. Look at it from interviewers perspective. Was your answers depicted how actually you feel or how much you have worked hard? Did you sell yourself cheap or did not sell yourself at all like me?
Answers in interviews hugely impact your over all score.
You got interview means your profile is good enough. Just keep at it.

Sent from my MotoG3 using SDN mobile

Hi, I was rejected recently from USC, so sad, because it's the only university I got an interview. I had once shadowed in dental offices. And don't know what to do next to enhance myself.

Hi, I can completely understand your situation as I went through earlier but never ever give up. My only advise to you is apply to as many dental schools as you can because it's getting more competitive nowadays.

Hi, I can completely understand your situation as I went through earlier but never ever give up. My only advise to you is apply to as many dental schools as you can because it's getting more competitive nowadays.
Thank you so much.

Sent from my MotoG3 using SDN mobile