Need Advice!

eyeoftiger23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am very passionate about the field of optometry and have been trying endlessly for the past 2 years trying to get into a program. However I am not a competitive applicant according to my OAT and GPA. I have taken the OAT 5 times already and the best score I have gotten was AA 280 and TS 270 (which is not the greatest, I know). I have really bad test anxiety.
I left College with a GPA 3.15 and then transferred to a university. My graduating GPA is about a 2.598 and I graduated with a B.S. in Biology while I was working at an optometrist clinic.
I have 4 years of experience working under optometrists and know so much about the business and what it takes to become an optometrist. I have been involved with many extracurricular activities and also done many volunteer work. I really want to pursue optometry as a profession if I can just get into a professional program, please let me know what you think I should do. I don't know what else to do. Should I even apply to schools, most schools are telling me I don't stand a chance

Members don't see this ad.

Can't you just retake some bad grades (in the same institution you got it from) and raise your GPA? I thought OptomCas allows grade forgiveness that way.

Can't you just retake some bad grades (in the same institution you got it from) and raise your GPA? I thought OptomCas allows grade forgiveness that way.
Yes, I spoke to admission and they said to retake some courses and also I must retake the OAT. they said it's my OAT score they are concerned about! i really don't know what to do at this point, i do not want to take that test again :(

Members don't see this ad :)