Need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

margs999

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have been waiting and waiting, still haven't heard from a handful of schools. I have received one app pending and one II to ATSU-SOMA which I got waitlisted (the rest rejections). I really liked what I saw at ATSU. Anyways I just finished taking a class (cancer bio) and got an A. I have been debating sending a letter of intent to SOMA but the "A" plus a small job promotion ( work in a restaurant) would be my only updates. SOMA Was super cool and would be ecstatic to be admitted but wouldn't mind going somewhere closer to home. I figure a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

One A is not going to make that much of a difference. A job promotion is a good thing, but since it's not in healthcare, it doesn't hold a lot of weight sot that probably won't make much of a difference either. I interviewed at ATSU-SOMA as well and I liked the school at the time. Looking back on the whole experience though, I'm glad I didn't get accepted there. They have the hardest, most grueling interview experience of any school that I've been to and the guy who did my one-on-one interview was extremely rude and played the "Guess what's in my head" game. ATSU has like zero facilities as well. You get the third floor of the main building and then you share the anatomy lab and other stuff. All the other schools I have interviewed at, put ATSU's facilities to shame. I'm not saying that you shouldn't go there, but broaden your horizons. It's okay to fail during an application cycle. I didn't get in my first year, but saw success this year. Beef up your application and try to get involved with everything that you can if you do in fact need to apply again.

Reactions: 1 users
I have to agree with what was said above. Congratulations on your accomplishments, but these aren't large enough to really get you in. However, there is no reason not to write the letter of intent. It certainly doesn't hurt to tell the school that you want to go there. If time is an issue, definitely send out the LOI. Otherwise, there's always next application cycle. Don't lose hope!