Need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kora@123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got my MCAT score back and it is a 498 (122, 128, 123, 125). I'm REALLY disappointed. :(
Should I retake???
I am applying to DO schools. I submitted apps to NYIT, VCOM, ACOM, MWU CCOM, LMU, Rocky Vista.
I have gotten secondaries from NYIT, ACOM, MWU CCOM, and VCOM.

GPA is 3.7. I have many hours of clinical experience in numerous positions and shadowing hours. I also have a D.O. letter of rec.

Or are there any particular DO schools still in US that might accept me??
All advice appreciated:)

Members don't see this ad.

I would retake. That 122 is gonna hurt your chances, not that the 123 is much better. But do not retake until you are ready, you do not want to end up getting a lower score.

Reactions: 1 user
I would retake. That 122 is gonna hurt your chances, not that the 123 is much better. But do not retake until you are ready, you do not want to end up getting a lower score.

What is the latest I should retake and still apply this cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my MCAT score back and it is a 498 (122, 128, 123, 125). I'm REALLY disappointed. :(
Should I retake???
I am applying to DO schools. I submitted apps to NYIT, VCOM, ACOM, MWU CCOM, LMU, Rocky Vista.
I have gotten secondaries from NYIT, ACOM, MWU CCOM, and VCOM.

GPA is 3.7. I have many hours of clinical experience in numerous positions and shadowing hours. I also have a D.O. letter of rec.

Or are there any particular DO schools still in US that might accept me??
All advice appreciated:)
I suggest a retake as well, but only when you are 100% ready.

Your score puts you in a risk zone of failing out of med school and/or failing Boards.

IF you have test taking anxiety issues, get those fixed.

Reactions: 3 users
I suggest a retake as well, but only when you are 100% ready.

Your score puts you in a risk zone of failing out of med school and/or failing Boards.

IF you have test taking anxiety issues, get those fixed.

Do I have any chance at getting in anywhere without retaking?

Do I have any chance at getting in anywhere without retaking?

With your current stats, your best bets are: ARCOM, BCOM, ICOM, LUCOM, LMU-DCOM, NYITCOM-Jonesboro, KYCOM, VCOM, WVSOM, WCUCOM

Your low C/P and B/B scores on the MCAT reflect inadequate preparation in the sciences. Do some heavy content review for these subjects, and you should be able to get a 500+ MCAT score.

Reactions: 2 users
Nice CARS score - you should be proud of that. Of all the subsections, it’s probably the most resistant to change so you shouldn’t have a problem with it in the future.

You can also easily gain a few P/S section points! Compared to C/P and B/B, P/S moves up easily.

Like stated earlier, your sciences are pretty weak. The experts already let you know their thoughts on that - and I’m tending to agree with them. Have you thought about taking a gap year, getting some research under your belt, and working towards an MCAT befitting your stellar GPA?

Reactions: 1 user