Need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sasherm13

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, so here's my deal. I am in my first semester of my junior year at Notre Dame. I was originally a biology major my frosh year, but soph year i changed to anthropology/theology. So I have only taken Gen Bio and Gen Chem. I am now thinking of dental school. My plan is to take Cell Bio next semester and Organic Chem over the summer. Senior Year I plan to take physiology, physics and another 400 level bio. I will be applying to schools early this summer and taking the DAT at the end of this coming summer (after I finish Orgo). Does this seem like a good plan. What are my odds with this route. FYI: my GPA is 2.642 (consistently climbing cause I didn't do so hot 1st semester or Chem) and my science GPA is 1.945 (but I only have Bio and Chem). I know the GPAs are low but I believe I can make them better (or hoping :) ). Please give me any advice or let me know if this is nuts.

Sherm

Members don't see this ad.

It's do-able... you just have to get good grades in these classes, you will be fine.

I think you need to boost your sci GPA up to 3.2 to have a better chance to get into dental school, if you think you can, then you are fine

Good luck:D

Hi,

As you know you have a mountain to climb, but so did the first person who climbed Mt. Everest. Anyways, as ohgee stated you need to make sure you science is above 3.0 and try to get your overall around there as well. I think one way you can impress the adcoms is by taking more science classes and upper level classes like microbiology, biochemistry, histology, anatomy etc.

Also, the DAT is a huge component. You go to a very competitive school and that means that you have the ability to do good on exams ( i would think so) so you need to hit 20 + on all areas. I have materials if you are interested that i need to get rid of. Please PM me if you are.

Best of luck, and welcome to this forum.

DesiDentist