• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

2011yes

Nov 12, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I need feedback about my chances of getting in rentals and where.
So I did my first year at a community college because of financial reasons then transferred to a university and graduated with a business in 2007. I was taking my prerequisite at the same time but had to stop in order to move home. I then finished up my prerequisites at a cc. I have a low DAT and will be retaking this summer. I have applied twice and been denied. I am being denied because of my DAT or because of my cc courses? I can't afford to do an official post-bac or masters so what are my choices.

Simiam

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2007
Philly
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
both. most schools dont like to see any prereqs or a majority of science courses done at a CC. They also are looking at 20+ DAT now. Maybe take a couple extra science courses at a University and 20+ DAT and you'll be ok.

S

Sonny881994

You denied because of both. You have no chance of getting into any dental school if you not wiiling to do a post-bac or master or retake those pre-reqs course at a University and also retake that DAT. Dental school HATE community college courses since they think CC are no where near as challenging as university and a low DAT certainly would make the situation even worse.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.