need advise, NYU or wait and try next year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zygomaticus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

I wanted to know if i should try for schools next year or take my acceptance in NYU.

I have a 88 and i went to a lot of schools this year and didnt get in.

NYu is really expensive and I am really worried about it.

Can anybody advise me.I would really appreciate it.

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

zygomaticus said:
hi guys,

I wanted to know if i should try for schools next year or take my acceptance in NYU.

thanks.

I think you should follow the 'NYU waitlist' thread. Some relevant discussion going on there. My suggestion is also posted in the thread.

rahmed

zygomaticus said:
hi guys,

thanks.
Congratulations on your acceptance. :thumbup: If I was in your place I wud have gone for NYU. Unless time is not a problem for you cuz if it is not then You can apply to other schools for 2006. Just in case if u din get in anywher, You can always get backto Nyu only if you defer admission. For example Ann03. She got acceptance last year from NYU but she deferred it & now She got in ucsf this year but she put great hard work and patience.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,
Congratulations on getting in!
My advice would be to take the admission and not waste any more time.
Nyu is agreat school and u get alot of clinical experience in nyu and the staff is great.
Think about it carefully and make the decision.

congrats on getting the acceptance from NYU...I would suggest you to go ahead with NYU...as already its clear that your present score is not enough to get into other universities ( assuming you attended all the interviews )...so if u wanna get into a two yr program u gotta give your part1 again...and I presonally do not advise that...unless u feel u didnt giv ur best shot the first time...as I know few friends of mine who got lesser scores when they wrote the second time...and no one would ever like tht to happen in their wildest dreams ever!!!!!

coming to point that NYU is expensive...I personally dont think its true...because if u see the estimate...u can see 21000$/yr as boarding and lodging, but from the info I gathered I think v would be spending 1000$ approx/month...so ther u can c a difference of 9,000/yr ( whn compared to the estimate given by the college ) and they have also given 5000$ as personal expenses/yr and I think u can include that also in the 1000$ mentioned above...so on a whole ther is a differnce of 14,000$ approx/yr, so on a whole u will end up paying 2,00,000 for 3yrs ( approx ) and if u see the estimate given for a few colleges in california..its roughly the same....correct me if im wrong....so start doing ur math and take a wise decision!!!! :thumbup:

Hi Healthy Teeth,
I found this thread after some seach!!..maybe you should also look into it and post your question here also ..or maybe the moderator can merge this thread since it address the same issue!! :)
Good luck :luck:
GN

There are 5 threads currently on 'NYU and Future Plan' or similar topic. I think they should be tied together.

rahmed