Need an advise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anti-Virus

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am very confused on what to do, i came from my country to the US without a Bsc certificate. I wish to study Medicine in the United state. According to my researches, i was told that i need to have my Bsc certificate in any field(not specified), with which i will be able to do my pre-Med courses. At this point, i am having difficulty in making a choice of course to study to have my Bsc certificate. I made my choice to study Nursing, until i met a medicine student yesterday that gave me an advise not to study nursing, stated that nursing is too strong as a pre-Med major. I need your advice please. Looking forward to your advises.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure this question really requires confidentiality, which is what this forum is for :) Would it be OK for me to move this to the regular forums so that you can get feedback from multiple people?

Put simply, it doesn't matter what your bachelor's degree is in. What matters is that you do well (mostly A's) in your classes, particularly the specific classes which are considered pre-requisites (Biology 1/2, General Chemistry 1/2, Organic Chemistry 1/2, etc).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,
I am very confused on what to do, i came from my country to the US without a Bsc certificate. I wish to study Medicine in the United state. According to my researches, i was told that i need to have my Bsc certificate in any field(not specified), with which i will be able to do my pre-Med courses. At this point, i am having difficulty in making a choice of course to study to have my Bsc certificate. I made my choice to study Nursing, until i met a medicine student yesterday that gave me an advise not to study nursing, stated that nursing is too strong as a pre-Med major. I need your advice please. Looking forward to your advises.
Major in whatever interests you and can provide you with a Plan B in case Medicine doesn't work out for you.

Reactions: 1 user
You have to do a series of pre-med classes like biology, chemistry, physics to get into medical school.

These can be done in conjunction with any degree. I tend to agree, nursing is a harder major than something else to keep your GPA up.

I'm not sure this question really requires confidentiality, which is what this forum is for :) Would it be OK for me to move this to the regular forums so that you can get feedback from multiple people?

Put simply, it doesn't matter what your bachelor's degree is in. What matters is that you do well (mostly A's) in your classes, particularly the specific classes which are considered pre-requisites (Biology 1/2, General Chemistry 1/2, Organic Chemistry 1/2, etc).
Thank you so much for your concern, i am so grateful. You can go ahead and post it to the regular forums.