Need an Honest Opinion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulDDS2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody.

Like a lot of you, I'm pretty stinking nervous right now. I'm going nuts trying to keep my anxiety contained. Anyway, here's why I need an opinion:

I have applied to 10 schools, and haven't heard a single thing from any of them yet. I know its still early, but I just want to know what could be happening.

A little about my stats:
BCP GPA: 4.0
Science GPA: 3.92
OGPA: 3.87
AA/TS/PAT: 22/20/20
Shadowing experience: 159 hours
Community Service: 485 hours
I have completed all prereqs. expence A&P, and the 2nd semester of O.Chem.

The problem: I have a misconduct on my application. It was never official, and I even contacted my school to see if I should even place it on the application, and they said there was no official record of the "incident". However, because the question stated to answer whether or not there are records of it, I felt morally obligated to do so. I didn't want to lie my way into Dental School. So I placed it on the application. What happened was this: I was unofficial disciplinary probation in 2011 for unwanted communication with a female classmate. We were friends, but I began trying to initiate more. She didn't feel comfortable with being more than friends, so she went to one of my friends to talk to him about it (who happened to be the hall director), and then he spoke to me about it, and informed the dean of students. I went through meetings and counselling sessions after the whole process and have even made amends with the girl. Again, there is no official record of this on my transcript or anywhere else. I just felt obligated to place this on my app to be honest and sincere.

I know, it seems a little personal to be asking, and the situation seems rather odd. However, could this misconduct be what is keeping me from getting contacted in any way? Could this one mistake be keeping me from Dental School? If so, its not like a low GPA or not enough shadowing hours, where I can simply work harder to make my stats look better. This is set in stone, and part of my past. I have grown and learned a lot from the incident...I just hope its not keeping me from my dream.

Let me know what you guys think.

Members don't see this ad.

Hm..
To me it seems like this is being foolish rather than being honest.

But everyone is different

Reactions: 1 user
There is no official record of it and the question asked "whether or not there are records of it". So you put it on your app...?

EDIT: Herp, derp. "Whether or not"...reading is difficult for me.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
The question on the app. Stated to list any and every incidence that occurred, even if there is no record of it. THATS why I put it on there. To abide by the application instructions and to be honest about the entire situation.

When did you apply? If you applied 1st batch and haven't heard word back with your stats. I would say that reporting the incident is a factor in you not receiving an invitation. However if you just applied last week. Calm down! Your stats are where they should be and it takes time for dental schools to review july candidates before moving on to aug candidates.

The question on the app. Stated to list any and every incidence that occurred, even if there is no record of it. THATS why I put it on there. To abide by the application instructions and to be honest about the entire situation.
I completely misread what I quoted from your OP. My mistake. I see, like 8th said, when did you apply?

Well I'm sure they'll try and clear that up with you in an interview. Since there wasn't an official record of it, how serious could the incident have been? You'll be fine, they have plenty of people that get in with worse than you.