need an opinion plzz!

amitakrutonz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
i just took my OAT yesterday. and mannnn. the reading part sucked.
i was reading about the crocodile and the bridge passage ppl kept on getting. and i got those. thus my score went from my usual 330-370 (using OAT achiever too!!!!) when i was practicing to a 270..
anyway. here are my scores (sorry they kinda suck...) and i just need opinions whether i should retake my OAT or not in 3 months.

w/ my bio and o chem scores, i know they are pretty bad. the only thing i am concerned about retaking is that i really don't know how much i would improve. since i feel like i studied alot. the only score i think would go up considerably would be reading. (assuming i don't get the same crappy passage haha)

QR: 400
RC: 270
Bio: 270
Gen chem: 330
O chem: 290
Physics 330
TS: 310
AA 320

so pleasssse give me any feedback... thank u so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should retake it. A 270 on the bio section is pretty low and schools won't like to see that. You should think about what types of questions gave you trouble on the test and review those concepts. Most schools like to see at least a 300 in every section. I guess I'm the only one who didn't think the crocodile and bridge readings were that bad??

I can't provide any feedback, since I haven't taken it yet.. but I wanted to ask you a question about the QR. I know you can't use a calculator, but was there a lot of trig on it? Should I take the time to memorize the sin/cos/tan of the main angles (30, 45. etc)?

how long did u study? i'm takin it in about 2 weeks and it is gettin to me whether i am ready or not?

Members don't see this ad :)
well.
honestly. i didn't really study for math or chem since i'm taking chem right now.
physics though u should do practice exams and def memorize equations.
overall, i studied for 2 months?? but it's on and off since i'm a full time student and i was working and had an internship....
for math, u should know the sin cos and tan shortcuts yes.... and just do alot of practice. then u'll pretty much seen all u need to see.. haha. =p

I'd say retake too. Majority of the schools will allow one and maybe two subjects below 300, but the other scores have to be good. Some schools, won't even consider you for an interview if you have below a 300 in ANY subject!

I'd say study your butt off in summer, and retake it mid/late august or early september so you can still apply early.

GOOD LUCK! I hope you rock those other sections like you did the QR!

i took the OATs the first time and got a measly 250 on the bio section...but for the second time i studied from a kaplan MCAT book and it really really helped...i ended up getting 340 the second time. i guess try getting one of those MCAT review books that cover all the topics in biology, it does help.

Ya, I agree that a retake is necessary. Get some Kaplan books and study from them and you will improve. Don't give up!