need answer and explanation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docasrpa

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if the molar conc of adenine in dna is 22%..what will be the guanine content?

ans..28

NEED REASON
THANX

Members don't see this ad.

hi docasrpa! here's the answer.
in DNA, there is a principle "base pairing rule" as we all know. Adenine always pairs with Thymine, and Guanine pairs with Cytosine. So, to follow this rule, the molar conc. of [A] = [T] and [G] = [C]. So if [A] = 22%, [A+T] = 44% and [G+C] =100 - 44 = 56%. so [G]=[C]=56/2=28%
hope this help. cheers:D

if the molar conc of adenine in dna is 22%..what will be the guanine content?

ans..28

NEED REASON
THANX

hi docasrpa! here's the answer.
in DNA, there is a principle "base pairing rule" as we all know. Adenine always pairs with Thymine, and Guanine pairs with Cytosine. So, to follow this rule, the molar conc. of [A] = [T] and [G] = [C]. So if [A] = 22%, [A+T] = 44% and [G+C] =100 - 44 = 56%. so [G]=[C]=56/2=28%
hope this help. cheers:D

hi friend,
very nice explanation and very easy to understand.i didnt knew it either.thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
hi

thanks for the explanation .its really very gr8 explanation.i dint knew abt it before .thanks anyway.i have little problem with bio and physio ao i need ur help in those subjects . if u can help me just give me ur number so that i can b in touch with u.thanks dear.

Hi mrsrahghava! it is my pleasure. i am very glad that u can catch my explanation which i am not very good at :D . for the no., i am not residing in US. So it would be difficult for both of us. If u don't mind, i can be reached anytime at [email protected]. i am not sure if i can assist u but i'd love to have discussion with u. thanks.