Need Bio Advice?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wizkidz

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have about 3 weeks before I take the DAT and am kind of stuck one the last half or so of Cliffs Bio (Bio diversity and onwards). I know the first half of the material pretty well, but this later half has me pretty confused as I read through it. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to maximize these last 3 weeks of study time, especially regarding this material.

Should I jump into Destroyer/BC and try to learn from there or are there better resources to help me learn these last few chapters before moving into actually testing myself?

Any suggestions are much appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

i would start hammering the dat destroyer and do it as many times as possible. pay close attention to the answer key explanations. read cliffs but dont get hung up on the little details. my lowest score (19) was on bio. this would be my best advice if i were to retake it. I spent too much memorizing little details instead of focusing on the big ideas .best of luck to you!

Reactions: 1 users
i would start hammering the dat destroyer and do it as many times as possible. pay close attention to the answer key explanations. read cliffs but dont get hung up on the little details. my lowest score (19) was on bio. this would be my best advice if i were to retake it. I spent too much memorizing little details instead of focusing on the big ideas .best of luck to you!
Great advice! Get to the Destroyer ..

Use a different resource for content review if Cliff's is giving you trouble (although it shouldn't be - Cliff's breaks things down pretty simply in biology). Examkrackers bio book (used for MCAT prep) was pretty good at keeping things basic if you want to try taking a look at that and seeing if it helps. I don't think jumping into resources with questions (e.g. BC and Destroyer) before having a foundation in these subjects is the most efficient or beneficial way to learn material.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cliffs and feralis didn't work for me. Great resource but depends how you study/learn. You only have three weeks left and haven't even opened destroyer? I'd highly suggest diving straight in and learning as much as you can in that time frame.

Reactions: 1 user
Cliffs and feralis didn't work for me. Great resource but depends how you study/learn. You only have three weeks left and haven't even opened destroyer? I'd highly suggest diving straight in and learning as much as you can in that time frame.

Ive done Destroyer at least 1X for all of gen chem, orgo, and QR but havent really touched bio yet because I wasnt sure if i was ready for it yet, but i guess I should just dive right in!

Ive done Destroyer at least 1X for all of gen chem, orgo, and QR but havent really touched bio yet because I wasnt sure if i was ready for it yet, but i guess I should just dive right in!
Dive! Dive! No time to waste, better to get going and if have to look and review as you go along do so. A big mistake students make is waiting too late to get to the Destroyer! Know it cold, I promise you will glad you did come test day.

Wishing you the best..

Nancy

Agree 100 percent! Feralis is mainly information taken from Cliff and Campbells, if you are doing Cliffs you have already done that part of Feralis..Feralis notes are dense and not for everyone. I even think he will agree.

Reactions: 1 user
Dive! Dive! No time to waste, better to get going and if have to look and review as you go along do so. A big mistake students make is waiting too late to get to the Destroyer! Know it cold, I promise you will glad you did come test day.

Wishing you the best..

Nancy

Will do! How do you best recommend I utilize destroyer at this point? Should I be searching for answers if I do not know them or is it best to read through the solutions first and then supplement with Cliffs/Feralis?

Will do! How do you best recommend I utilize destroyer at this point? Should I be searching for answers if I do not know them or is it best to read through the solutions first and then supplement with Cliffs/Feralis?
I posted something on a different thread. Will see if I can find it and copy it here.