need DAT destroyer advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nanami

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I recently started solving Dat destroyer after reviewing the materials for a month. But for G.C, I keep getting wrong (almost 80% wrong) :(

For this issue, for those who did destroyer before, would recommend me continuing with DAT destroyer to learn from it? (and review my notes while solving the destroyer?)

or would you recommend to stop solving DAT destroyer and re-review my notes again? (and then re-solve the destroyer?)

thank you for any advice!!

Members don't see this ad.

What materials did you use to review general chemistry before you started Destroyer? Not doing well on Destroyer your first time through isn't uncommon, as it can be a pretty challenging resource, and building up your notes while learning from it is usually a good option. But almost 80% wrong is high enough to make me think you would benefit from more content review and practice from easier resources before jumping back into it again. Your existing foundation of knowledge should be pretty solid before attempting Destroyer.

Reactions: 1 user
I would keeping going through Destroyer, but identify the type of problem you got wrong, e.g. acid-base problem, then go back to Chad's videos and either re-watch that topic and/or review your notes. If you consistently are getting a certain category of questions wrong, like stoichiometry problems, then you probably need to re-watch that lecture. I mainly only used Chad's and a bit of General Chemistry Destroyer which I found pretty helpful since the book is broken down into questions by topic. I remember how discouraged I felt while going through Destroyer, I felt like content review had been useless, but keep learning from Destroyer. Don't just read the answer key and be like, "oh of course, I knew that." Actually go back and throughly review the topic. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for all the advice!
I will calm myself first and then re start reviewing and solving with mind to learn and hopefully destroy the questions along the way.

Thank you everyone!!:)

Hi,
I think you should record what you get wrong and what section the wrong question from. Then when you do the destroyer the second time, categorize every question(it is tedious...). You will then develop the ability to predict the question type. I did DAT destroyer for bio two times. My boot camp BIO score are never above 23, but after doing those, i got BIO 28 on actual DAT. I hope my advice will help.

Hi,
I think you should record what you get wrong and what section the wrong question from. Then when you do the destroyer the second time, categorize every question(it is tedious...). You will then develop the ability to predict the question type. I did DAT destroyer for bio two times. My boot camp BIO score are never above 23, but after doing those, i got BIO 28 on actual DAT. I hope my advice will help.

I should aim at revewing DAT twice with ur advice! Thank you so much!!

I was on the same boat with you! Just review all the questions and it will come through. For me, DAT was a long journey so never get discouraged from a single bad practice score or set of problems!!

I was on the same boat with you! Just review all the questions and it will come through. For me, DAT was a long journey so never get discouraged from a single bad practice score or set of problems!!
Thank you for your encouragement! :D