MD & DO Need desperate advice; nontrad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

s_10

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I am planning to apply next year. I have my stats below:

Undergrad GPA: 3.37

Master GPA: 2.86 (Will either be 2.87 or 2.99 after this semester, next semester I will be retaking courses if I am allowed in hopes of bringing it to 3.05/3.07).

USF health sciences concentration (100% online)

MCAT:494

My mistake was trying to work full time while doing these courses as well as not managing my time properly to learn. I have learned from this immensely and will be scaling back work to focus more on my coursework next year which is why I will be applying to Brown's Gateways medical program. I will be retaking the MCAT on Jan 13th as I did not give myself the proper amount of time. I have taken adequate steps and am aiming for a higher score. I plan to apply browns gateway program and apply next year.

Below is what I have done during my gap years + end of undergrad:

Monitor Support Tech: 1131

Clinical Research Assistant then to Clinical Research Coordinator transferred to another clinic to be Clinical Research Coordinator: 1860

Shadowing: 49 hours
- ID Specialist
- Neurologist
- NP

One publication under my second job as my PI helped me with this.

I have held leadership positions and various volunteering positions throughout my undergraduate. I am hoping for any sort of advice or potential pathways I have not considered. I wish to stop working and just go into straight school to showcase my capabilities as I was deeply limited by my job situation (short-staffed for a majority of this year) and I have also managed my health condition to not impede my studies. I should have just taken a clean gap year but my ambitions took hold of me.

Thank you and brutal honesty will not be met with hostility.
 
Hello,

I am planning to apply next year. I have my stats below:

Undergrad GPA: 3.37

Master GPA: 2.86 (Will either be 2.87 or 2.99 after this semester, next semester I will be retaking courses if I am allowed in hopes of bringing it to 3.05/3.07).

USF health sciences concentration (100% online)

MCAT:494

My mistake was trying to work full time while doing these courses as well as not managing my time properly to learn. I have learned from this immensely and will be scaling back work to focus more on my coursework next year which is why I will be applying to Brown's Gateways medical program. I will be retaking the MCAT on Jan 13th as I did not give myself the proper amount of time. I have taken adequate steps and am aiming for a higher score. I plan to apply browns gateway program and apply next year.

Below is what I have done during my gap years + end of undergrad:

Monitor Support Tech: 1131

Clinical Research Assistant then to Clinical Research Coordinator transferred to another clinic to be Clinical Research Coordinator: 1860

Shadowing: 49 hours
- ID Specialist
- Neurologist
- NP

One publication under my second job as my PI helped me with this.

I have held leadership positions and various volunteering positions throughout my undergraduate. I am hoping for any sort of advice or potential pathways I have not considered. I wish to stop working and just go into straight school to showcase my capabilities as I was deeply limited by my job situation (short-staffed for a majority of this year) and I have also managed my health condition to not impede my studies. I should have just taken a clean gap year but my ambitions took hold of me.

Thank you and brutal honesty will not be met with hostility.
sGPA is 3.14