Need feedback on diversity secondary as reapplicant.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

robertjnixon

Membership Revoked
Removed
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! For my diversity secondary prompt, I'm thinking of writing about my major in nutritional sciences and my interest in preventative care/"lifestyle" intervention medicine through my curriculum. Was planning on then talking about one of my activities which is a produce distribution event for an underserved area and my additional roles in helping lead mini-lessons during the event like nutrition label reading, optimizing nutrition on tight budget, etc.

I actually did something similar for diversity essay last cycle however I mainly focused on my family cultural background (a strong influence towards this interest) but this time I'm thinking of still keeping the nutrition topic but talking instead more of what I learned and the work I have been involved in. Would this be an ok diversity topic?