1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Need feedback on WashU/Barnes St.Louis

Discussion in 'PM&R' started by TreeOfLife, Nov 28, 2005.

1. TreeOfLife

TreeOfLife Member
    7+ Year Member

Does anyone have first hand experience (recent) of the program at Washington University/Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis?

If you've interviewed there or are currently a resident or have done a rotation, I'd love to hear more about the program. The review on scutwork was a bit old and wasn't very complimentary.

Thanks,
    TOL

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PMR TX MS

PMR TX MS Member
    5+ Year Member

I interviewed there, PM me and I'll answer questions.

4. TreeOfLife

TreeOfLife Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey there...
    Thanks for the offer to answer my questions. Actually, I tried to PM you and it said you can't accept them or that you don't want to. I am just looking for a more recent review of the program than what is already posted here on scutwork. Maybe you could give me the rundown and perhaps your overall impression of the program.

Thanks

5. rehab_sports_dr

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    > Does anyone have first hand experience (recent) of the program at Washington University/Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis?

I can't speak to the overall quality of the program.

I can comment, however, on the Musculoskeletal doctors there. Heidi Prather, John Metzler, Adam Labore, and Devyani Hunt run one of the very best PASSOR Sports and Spine fellowships in the country. I spent several days there for a fellowship interview, and I was extremely impressed. They are held in very high regard in the PASSOR community- Dr. Prather was given a standing ovation at the AAPM+R meeting this year, and she is going to be the new head of PASSOR. So for sports and spine, they have excellent people there.

They are actually part of the department of orthopedics even though they are physiatrists, so I have no idea how that impacts the PM+R residency program. But for PM+R fellowships, they are one of the top programs in the country. My general impression is that the rest of the PM+R program is not up to same high standard as Dr. Prather and her colleagues