• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Need feedback on WashU/Barnes St.Louis

TreeOfLife

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2004
    Does anyone have first hand experience (recent) of the program at Washington University/Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis?

If you've interviewed there or are currently a resident or have done a rotation, I'd love to hear more about the program. The review on scutwork was a bit old and wasn't very complimentary.

Thanks,
    TOL

TreeOfLife

7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Mar 4, 2004
      PMR TX MS said:
      I interviewed there, PM me and I'll answer questions.

Hey there...
      Thanks for the offer to answer my questions. Actually, I tried to PM you and it said you can't accept them or that you don't want to. I am just looking for a more recent review of the program than what is already posted here on scutwork. Maybe you could give me the rundown and perhaps your overall impression of the program.

Thanks

rehab_sports_dr

10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Oct 21, 2004
      1. Attending Physician
        > Does anyone have first hand experience (recent) of the program at Washington University/Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis?

I can't speak to the overall quality of the program.

I can comment, however, on the Musculoskeletal doctors there. Heidi Prather, John Metzler, Adam Labore, and Devyani Hunt run one of the very best PASSOR Sports and Spine fellowships in the country. I spent several days there for a fellowship interview, and I was extremely impressed. They are held in very high regard in the PASSOR community- Dr. Prather was given a standing ovation at the AAPM+R meeting this year, and she is going to be the new head of PASSOR. So for sports and spine, they have excellent people there.

They are actually part of the department of orthopedics even though they are physiatrists, so I have no idea how that impacts the PM+R residency program. But for PM+R fellowships, they are one of the top programs in the country. My general impression is that the rest of the PM+R program is not up to same high standard as Dr. Prather and her colleagues

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.