Need advice on concerning situation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iamnew2

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Is there any reason to be concerned the pharmacist will harm patients?

I'm not sure there's anything to report. Are you sure it's true? Even if true, I don't think it's your job to report them. The hospital that admitted him (and presumably the psychiatrist that evaluated them) are the ones responsible for reporting them if there's concern they can't do their job/put patients at risk. The hospital/psychiatrist know all the details surrounding the event, whereas you and the staff member that talked to you likely do not.

Unless they're showing signs that they can't perform their job adequately/safely, I think it's best to leave it alone. If you think there's a risk of them making another attempt, consider talking to them and providing suicide hotline information. Reporting someone because they had a suicide attempt from which you don't know the details risks further alienating that individual and exacerbating mental health issues.

Clearly if they show signs they can't safely take care of patients it's a different story.