Need GMAT for MBA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

F@milyMed

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If so...how long is the preparation?

Do most students take a course like Kaplan?

Members don't see this ad.

If so...how long is the preparation?

Do most students take a course like Kaplan?

Yes most if not all reputable B-school require a GMAT, even if you are taking an executive style program.

If you have a joint degree program, then some schools will take the MCAT (a good score) in lieu of the GMAT, but most will require. Usually I know most people that just studied for a few weeks with TPR or Kaplan and did a few practice tests. You need to brush up on math skills and some verbal stuff, but its not too bad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The GMAT is fairly laughable compared to the MCAT. Obviously they are different types of exams, but one could conceivably "wing it" on the GMAT and do quite well. I don't think the same could generally be said for the MCAT.

You would have to check with the individual schools. While taking the GMAT would be the safest route, I know that some schools will accept students who have a master's degree and a recent GRE score. Often, these exceptions are not listed on the university's website---so you should call an admissions adviser at the schools that you are interested in attending. Since you already have an MD and an MCAT score, you might fall into the exception category.

gmat is a joke. its like a glorified SAT. I studied for 5 days after work and did very well on it. just know the format.

if you got into med school, you'll do fine on it.

The GMAT is fairly laughable compared to the MCAT. Obviously they are different types of exams, but one could conceivably "wing it" on the GMAT and do quite well. I don't think the same could generally be said for the MCAT.

It's even more laughable compared to Step I.

Study 1 month and you will get 700. A real breeze