PhD/PsyD Need grad student quotes!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProfessorSteve

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all-
I'm a psychology professor at UCSB and I'm writing a book for psychology graduate students tentatively titled Psychology Graduate School: A User's Manual (to be published by Rowman and Littlefield). Rather than a how-to, it's a book to capture what graduate school is really like (the good, the bad, and the ugly). I'm covering initial adjustment, starting clinical work, making peace with SPSS, internship applications, and how to make sense of faculty. One of the coolest features of the book is that I'm including quotes from real-life doctoral students (MA/MS, PsyD/PhD).

At the moment, I'm working on chapters related to self-care, professionalism, relationships with your student colleagues, and how to deal with your family members who start telling you overly-personal stories at Thanksgiving. I need quotes from CURRENT graduate students. You can respond anonymously or I can include your first name next to the quote along with the type of graduate program you're attending.

Here's a link to a Qualtrix survey. There are a lot of questions, so just pick a couple and give me a few full sentences. http://ucsbeducation.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0e2h6H3sNC7IZJH

Many thanks...
Steve

Members don't see this ad.