Need Guidance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jerryberry1107

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm fairly new here and am looking for guidance. I'm currently a sophomore in my second semester at a top 30. I currently have a 3.157 cumulative and a 2.964 science. I got a 2.437 my first semester because I partied too much and lost motivation. I didn't know if I wanted to become a doctor and lost sight. After evaluating myself during winter break, I tried to do better and got a 3.354 my second semester and got a 3.544 my first semester of sophomore. My sophomore year I started a work-study job for a small team that works with high school students in undeserved areas, started volunteering at my local hospital, got a research position at the same hospital I volunteer at, and am currently on two E-boards. Though I've shown some improvement, I feel outrageously incompetent and am looking for guidance. I am an Asian, which doesn't help too much when I apply to medical schools. Looking for any kind of advice please. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Members don't see this ad.

You're doing all the right things and have done an honest evaluation of why your freshmen year GPA was so low. Keep working to boost your GPA and spend some time shadowing.

Reactions: 1 users
Youre on the right track. Keep it up! Rough starts isn't going to seal the deal.