need help answering research program question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liontraveler25

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys how do i answer a question asking about my "goals and objectives" for being in this one research program i'm applying to. it's a plastic surgery research program and all i can come up with is how i've only participated in basic science research till now and I'd like to gain experience in clinical research. other than that i literally just want to get some experience in plastic surgery research because i want to become a plastic surgeon LOL and like obviously attempting to get a publication and such but idk if i should include those things. i want to sound like i know what im saying/doing because some grad students also apply to this program so they get preference and i want look like i match up their level of knowledge lmao please help me

Members don't see this ad.

hi guys how do i answer a question asking about my "goals and objectives" for being in this one research program i'm applying to. it's a plastic surgery research program and all i can come up with is how i've only participated in basic science research till now and I'd like to gain experience in clinical research. other than that i literally just want to get some experience in plastic surgery research because i want to become a plastic surgeon LOL and like obviously attempting to get a publication and such but idk if i should include those things. i want to sound like i know what im saying/doing because some grad students also apply to this program so they get preference and i want look like i match up their level of knowledge lmao please help me

can you look up the lab / PI to find out more about what they are researching and interested in? That would be a good place to start.

Reactions: 1 user
can you look up the lab / PI to find out more about what they are researching and interested in? That would be a good place to start.
i did look up the website but the research program is one where i get in and THEN choose a specific lab but the umbrella theme is plastic surgery. but the website just says that it investigates outcomes in craniofacial surgery, skin regeneration, hand surgery etc etc but nothing that could really help me beef up my answer :(((