Need help deciding among possible "adversity" secondary essay topics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

this is_a foreground

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I appreciate any input on which topic might be most compelling!! Thanks! The three topics are:

1) Putting together my first-author paper (hasn't been published, just submitted) -- had several paper ideas, some that went nowhere, one that led to a second-author-ship, and this current paper almost went nowhere but tried to tackle the analysis creatively
(NOTE: I have 2 Work & Activity entries dedicated to research already -- one entry to publications, and the other is a most meaningful entry)

2) Helping a friend who battled an eating disorder and emotional distress about their social life and ambiguous romantic relationship

3) I was a student organization leader in a role that usually has a co-leader, but my co-lead stepped down and I took on responsibilities of two people the entire year -- would talk about things I learned about leadership, teamwork, communication, delegation, planning ahead, managing time (as I juggled other extracurriculars and leadership roles simultaneously)
(NOTE: This leadership position is a W&A entry)
#1 would get you rejected for being clueless. Writing a paper? That's a First World problem!
#2 is more about your friend than you.
#3 is fine.

Reactions: 1 user