Need help deciding between two job offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LaidoffRPh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So last month, I was laid off by one of the big three chains after our store hours got cut. I now have two job offers and need some help making a decision.

Job 1: Temp-to-hire (3 month) position for a call center (belonging to another one of the big three) doing adherence calls and the like. Monday-Friday mid-shift hours, no weekends or major holidays, 30 minute break and flexible time off. NO BENEFITS.

Job 2: Float-to-staff at the third big chain. Work every other weekend, 13/14-hour days, you know the drill. Even though I've already been an rph for the first chain, my vacation time would start at nothing. But I would get benefits.

Both jobs pay about the same and are the same distance from my home. If it matters, the first job is through a recruiting company, so I'd be their "employee."

Please advise. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Would you get benefits after the first 3 months? If so, the first one doesn't sound too bad. Otherwise I would go with the 2nd one.

Right now you should be looking for stability. Forget about pay. Forget about benefits.

What is the point of pay and benefits when you get laid off? Stability.

Members don't see this ad :)
BM said it best. Pick a job with stability. Pick the job with good benefits and where you don't have to worry about losing your job for any reason.

Reactions: 1 user
Depending on the job market near your home, I'd chose the job with the best work environment. If it's a tight job market, then stability should rank as priority #1