Need help deciding which BIO to purchase?? Feedback would be appreciated!

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSpontaneouz83

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
So the reps that came to my school were not great in explaining the differences between brands (ie; Keeler, Welsh Allyn, Pioneer, Heine). Of course they all claimed to be the best and what not. If anyone can shed some light onto pricing, pros and cons of each brand, that would be great. I am one of the last people in my class to order but I want to make sure I make the right choice.

Thank you! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
So the reps that came to my school were not great in explaining the differences between brands (ie; Keeler, Welsh Allyn, Pioneer, Heine). Of course they all claimed to be the best and what not. If anyone can shed some light onto pricing, pros and cons of each brand, that would be great. I am one of the last people in my class to order but I want to make sure I make the right choice.

Thank you! :D

Whichever one feels the most comfortable on your head.

Get the cheapest one. They're all just lightbulbs on a piece of head gear.

Members don't see this ad :)
You've gotten to use them all right? You need to try them out (we learned how to do BIO on loaners that were in the lab) and see which one you like the best. Which one is most comfortable and that you feel like you work the best with. I got a spec mount because it's extremely light and easier to carry around (the case for it is way smaller than the regular BIO's). I mean they're all portable, it was just a factor for me. I like it a lot.

I got a Keeler... just because it's what I liked best in lab. I also have the option of putting in that LED light if I ever need it.

I don't like spec mounts because they feel too light and how they look so fragile!

I really liked the wireless kind. Avoid the LED ones, too bright.