Need help finding DO to shadow in Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IndianaPremed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am just wondering if anyone knows any DOs in the Chicagoland area that would be willing to have a applicant shadow them.

I have been networking with a current M4 student but he only knows MDs.

Please let me know if you know anyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The way I did it: Make an advising appointment at your local DO school if you have one (CCOM), either by phone or in person. Then tell then you aren't having luck finding a DO to shadow and if they have any suggestions. Usually there are some docs affiliated with the school that tell admissions to use their name if kids need someone to shadow. At least my stat school did, so it's worth a shot.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I found a couple of DOs to shadow on this site. Ended up getting to see some really cool IR stuff - pretty obscure shadowing experience, and really made an impact. Those docs were really cool and nice, and willing to mentor others hoping to follow in their footsteps.

I found a couple of DOs to shadow on this site. Ended up getting to see some really cool IR stuff - pretty obscure shadowing experience, and really made an impact. Those docs were really cool and nice, and willing to mentor others hoping to follow in their footsteps.

Is that site down? I also found my mentors on that site, but it doesn't seem to be working now.