Need help for crossing out schools that I should apply

Started by archonsbk
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

archonsbk

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is silly since I havent even taken DAT yet, but I just want to make sure I am not wasting my money/time for writing essays and applying, so I need some help.

My gpa is really low.. only 3.0 (my last 2 semesters are 3.6 and I started with below 2.0).
I took a lot of honors classes and didn't do well (ahh how stupid I am... bad decisions). I have one more year of undergrad, so I can probably improve to 3.1 or maybe 3.2...

My ec is tutoring/research/shadowing for years

I believe that my letters of recommendation are going to be great (all the profs I asked said that they will write great one for me and I am pretty close with them).

That's briefly my stat... I know dental application is more than this, but let's say that everything else is decent and I get around 21TS/21AA/21 PAT,

Which schools should I cross out from the list?

Boston
Howard
LECOM
Loma Linda
Marquette
Meharry
Midwestern, IL
Minnesota
NewYork
Roseman
Tufts
Southern California

Thanks!
 
This is silly since I havent even taken DAT yet, but I just want to make sure I am not wasting my money/time for writing essays and applying, so I need some help.

My gpa is really low.. only 3.0 (my last 2 semesters are 3.6 and I started with below 2.0).
I took a lot of honors classes and didn't do well (ahh how stupid I am... bad decisions). I have one more year of undergrad, so I can probably improve to 3.1 or maybe 3.2...

My ec is tutoring/research/shadowing for years

I believe that my letters of recommendation are going to be great (all the profs I asked said that they will write great one for me and I am pretty close with them).

That's briefly my stat... I know dental application is more than this, but let's say that everything else is decent and I get around 21TS/21AA/21 PAT,

Which schools should I cross out from the list?

Boston
Howard
LECOM
Loma Linda
Marquette
Meharry
Midwestern, IL
Minnesota
NewYork
Roseman
Tufts
Southern California

Thanks!

Unless you're a URM, I would cross out Meharry and Howard. I would also remove Loma Linda (too religious) Marquette (low OOS student ratio) and SC (might be a low OOS ratio too.) add Midwestern AZ and Case Western to the list.