Need help for reciprocity of the license

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djoker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so here is the situation. I am about to post a question of whcih anybody knows the answer or has gone through a similar situation, then please do reply. I am planning to take NAPLEX test from the state of NY and will send my score to the state of MD hoping to get the license of MD. Then, I will transfer it to NY after 12 months. If, by chance I failed the Naplex, then according to my understanding, I cannot reciprocate my MD license to NY if I understood the following frequently asked question properly. The following question was posted at the NY state board of pharmacy( frequently asked questions)

Who is eligible to transfer their pharmacist license from another state?
Answer: Individuals licensed in another state applying for licensure in New York State must:

• Have one year of experience practicing as a pharmacist (see Item #2 below); and
  • Have never failed a NYS administered exam.
What does the bold part of the answer means? What is NYS administered exam? Is the Naplex taken (keeping NY state as primary state) is a NYS administered exam?

Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

I believe the NYS exam is referring to their compounding exam and not the Naplex exam. If you have worked for a year or completed a residency, I believe this exam can be waived but you will need to confirm this with someone I their office.