SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

NEED help from experienced people

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by NewKidin2block, Apr 30, 2007.

1. NewKidin2block

NewKidin2block Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 2, 2006
    I am re-applying this cycle. class of 2012. I got 34 for my MCAT, applied for class of 2011, but didn't get in. I think both my lack of clinicial experience and late submission hurt my application.

I got a couple more extra-curricular on my back now, but none of which are clinicially related. My volunteering activity can't begin until mid-June, that mean I only have 2 months of experience before I was reviewed for secondary application.. did anyone received interview with that little clincial experience what the best way I can do to boost my cliniclal experience?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. PunjabiCurry

PunjabiCurry Banned Banned

Apr 28, 2007
    What's is your GPA ? 34 MCAT and 3.0 won't get you anywhere

4. Doctor~Detroit

Doctor~Detroit this poll sux!!! 2+ Year Member

May 9, 2006
    obviously the best way to boost clinical exp is to get more. i hope you've continued with your previous exp, as adcoms like to see continuity. otherwise it might look obvious that you were being strategic. start now and continue through interviews (something to talk about, and you can bring up that it's still happening).

i do feel for you, though. it's my first time applying, but i have the feeling that things were tougher all-around this cycle than in previous ones.