need help improving to 35+ from 30

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aimingforthat45

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

im doing the SN2ed schedule. My goal is a 35+ score. So far, ive taken 4 AAMC FLs and my score has been :

AAMC 3: 30 (VR 11, PS 9, BS 10)
AAMC 4: 31 (VR 10, PS 11, BS 10)
AAMC 5: 32 (VR 10, PS 11, BS 11)
AAMC 7: 30 (VR 9, PS 10, BS 11)

As you can see, my scores are jumping all over the place. I really want to imrpove to at least a 35 or above, is it possible with the time i have left? How do you guys suggest I improve? What did you all do for verbal and the science section? I do heavy post0game analysis but for some reason, but im always a few questions short in each section

Would you suggest more content reveiew? I bought the self-assesment package and am going to work on that as well more BR passages and Kaplan passages. I think what gets me is the thinking behind the experiment passages and the verbal section. SOmetimes, it doesnt "click" for me on the science passages, especially the theory questions/non calculation questions. I feel like I am stuck at a plateau!

Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks
 
I jumped from a 10 to a 13 in PS by redoing my previous PS sections after taking them. The answers would be highlighted, and AAMC would give their little explanation as to why each question was correct. Redo every question (unless it was super easy). Spend extra time on the ones you got wrong. Verbal's a little different though. I rarely go back and look at the explanations.
 
brah you have a good stable score be happy! Review your FLs and I gurantee you can get to 33 at least.

On the flip side I've ranged from 30-32 on every AAMC FL and only have one left haha

Getting 35+ in my opinion comes down to your personal strengths and luck. For my I find that there is always one passage in each section that I just bomb... its weird. Usually a topic that isn't my strongest. If that passage wasn't there, or was on a topic I better understand I bet I could pull 35's
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
brah you have a good stable score be happy! Review your FLs and I gurantee you can get to 33 at least.

On the flip side I've ranged from 30-32 on every AAMC FL and only have one left haha

Getting 35+ in my opinion comes down to your personal strengths and luck. For my I find that there is always one passage in each section that I just bomb... its weird. Usually a topic that isn't my strongest. If that passage wasn't there, or was on a topic I better understand I bet I could pull 35's

if i remove all the questions i get wrong, i can get a 45.
 
I'm still tripping over the fact that you think your scores are "jumping all over the place". I don't think I've seen more consistent scores and subsections from many other ppl posting here on SDN 😕

As for your question, focus on PS. It's the easiest section to improve and yours is (relatively) low. I could envision you pulling off a 13/10/12 if you keep working at it.
 
I'm still tripping over the fact that you think your scores are "jumping all over the place". I don't think I've seen more consistent scores and subsections from many other ppl posting here on SDN 😕

As for your question, focus on PS. It's the easiest section to improve and yours is (relatively) low. I could envision you pulling off a 13/10/12 if you keep working at it.

I was thinking the same thing. It's nice to see posts from students more crazy/paranoid than myself. Makes me feel human again lol.